Anyone using the Poston Ultra-Chip???

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I have an 87' Grand National and was looking into buying a performance chip. I heard about the Ultra-Chip in Poston's book. Does anyone actually have this chip and if you do....is it worth getting for performance??? If not....was is a better chip??? Thanks for any feedback:D

I used to run one with stock and blue top injectors. I really like the ability to be able to change the programs without removing the chips. They both worked well for me but now I have 50's and am going to make my own chips. From what I have seen they aren't really aggresive chips but for a lightly modded car I think they work well.

Well right now the only mods that are on the horizon (that means I have the parts just need to install) are the following:
Chromed mass air-flow pipe with 9" K&N air filter
THDP w/ 3" Stainless ATR Exhaust

Would that chip be good for this 87' GN? Or is there better that I should consider?

You might want to check out Turbobuicks.com. Follow those recipes to get you going in the right direction for your buildup. The first thing you need to do is to try and get an idea of how fast you want to run. Then just follow one of the buildups you like best. Not knowing how fast you want to run I would suggest getting a new fuel pump, hot wire kit, adjustable wastegate, and a scan tool. Those parts with the ones you already have should get your car moving pretty well, and safely. I was very happy with the ultra chip with the stock injectors, but ran out of injector early on (103,000 miles still stock injectors I think). I then went to blue tops and was running 12.7 @104MPH. But that wasn't fast enough so now I have 50's and a bigger turbo and intercooler.

Good Luck:)