Anyone Use Cadence Separates in C.S. Location 5.25" ???

Bad Advertising from Ebay seller not Cadence. :p

Specs. say they go down to 40 which is plenty low as my crossover is switchable from 50 or 80 and I'm using 80 right now for higher output. :eek:

A 3" voice coil in a 5.25" midrange!!!! Holy chit. I don't know if I like that or not. If you get them do report back on how well they work.

Well it took two years but I did replace one old Lanzar that replaced the blown JBL but couldn't hang with the other JBL GTI mid-bass on the right channel.

The Cadence don't fit so I creatively hacked up the mounting hole etc. and trimmed the inside of the concert sound plastic material (dremel tool) to let them stick out from the door and mounted them that way.

Took two hours to fit the thing since the window motor is in the way on one side and the window rubber guide roller thingy on the other side.

Barely got everything to clear including wiring etc. without the window ripping everything up or hitting. :rolleyes:

The Old School jig saw metal cutting tool worked the best. :cool:

I had to use the Cadence tweeter since the JBL wouldn't fit so I relocated the new one next to the left hand remote mirror control and it has a nice angle-able mount to aim it properly.

Sleazed the wire for that out of the concert sound enclosure, (it unbolts to loosen it) no holes.

First song on the IPOD shuffle was Yes - Roundabout so I cranked that up for a while then came 3AM from Matchbox Twenty so I checked out the vocals with that one, then got bored.

Fast forwarded to the next song and voila, Rush - Working Man. :jawdrop::cool:

They play loud even with the crossovers lowered to 50 Hz. :cool:

These would probably fit best in a custom pod in the ECM and E-brake areas.

They take the power (100 watts RMS amp.) and produce. (y)

Efficiency was a bit less than the JBL's but not much, I left the balance control in the middle and it's perfect from the drivers seat, all that matters. ;)

Rock on people, the drive to work on monday will be great.

Now to go find a JBL 12" GTI I can fit for more subwoofer bass out back, the JBL GTI 8" isn't cutting it, and if I'm gonna build a box I might as well use one 12 instead of trying to fit dual 8's. :p

Last edited: