Anyone Running Walbro 255 On E85

With a 255 pump I would really like to know what your duty cycle is like at 20plus lbs of boost. I can almost guarantee it’s above 95%. If anyone was replacing a fuel pump and know they are going to run e85 I would look a the walbro 450 or a detuchworks pump . I guess it’s just me and not like running on te hairy edge of something goin south . Also you it would be wise to go with at bare minimum 80lbs hr injectiors .
What is your base fuel pressure with this pump on E85? And how does the Walbro 450 fit compared to the 255? Thanks

Keep your stock lines. Use the $ for a DW300 fuel pump instead. Install brand new intermediate harness wiring inside the tank and get a caspers volt booster. Car should also have a fuel pump hotwire kit on it too, and also run a dedicated ground wire from the battery to the rear of the car to provide a solid ground to the fuel pump.

I ran E85 with stock lines with a DW300 for the better part of 9yrs before I upgraded the engine and fuel system.

Keep your stock lines. Use the $ for a DW300 fuel pump instead. Install brand new intermediate harness wiring inside the tank and get a caspers volt booster. Car should also have a fuel pump hotwire kit on it too, and also run a dedicated ground wire from the battery to the rear of the car to provide a solid ground to the fuel pump.

I ran E85 with stock lines with a DW300 for the better part of 9yrs before I upgraded the engine and fuel system.
Do you have to modify anything with the DW300 pump to make it fit properly? Thanks

Yeah, I'm around 95% at 20 lbs of boost. I'm currently running 60 lb injectors along with a walbro 255 and was hoping to keep those when I convert over to E85, but you recommend 80's?
I would recommend 160s if u can run them. The dw300 is probably a better pump for you if I are going to keep your stock lines . No the dw300 drips right in . I would also get a Hotwire kit aswell
The ethanol can handle the increased timing.
Lol yes it can if you have the fuel flow .
Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I would recommend 160s if u can run them. The dw300 is probably a better pump for you if I are going to keep your stock lines . No the dw300 drips right in . I would also get a Hotwire kit aswell
I would like to ditch the stock lines, because I hate the kink that I have in my stock return line. I was looking at the Teflon kit that Cruz is selling and yes I have a new hot wire kit already on the car.

Do you have to modify anything with the DW300 pump to make it fit properly? Thanks

The DW300 pumps may have changed, but I trimmed the bottom of the hanger out as the DW pump was round instead of oval like the stock and walbro pumps.

I cant see u making much HP on E85 with just one pump. Duty cycle probably 98% lol. I need (3) 465's to make power in my Mustang on E85.

I believe Bison was telling me they have DW500 out now or something. I would look at that. I have heard some ppl say that the DW is better then the Walbro for E85 but thats non-sense. One of the best fuel kits out there is FORE and they run Walbro.

Last edited:
Its a FORE Tripple with 465's. I would be fine on gas but turning it up on E85 of course required a triple pump, full return system, 1300cc injectors and billet fuel rails with a regulator smfh. Literally cost me like $4000 just so can run "E85" which in Connecticut there is none! Which really fucking pisses me off! Well, there is two pumps and their like 50 miles from each other and in places no one drives their car to. So aggravating! Rant over sry......:mad::)

What size fuel pump are you running in that bad ass stang?

Its a FORE Tripple with 465's. I would be fine on gas but turning it up on E85 of course required a triple pump, full return system, 1300cc injectors and billet fuel rails with a regulator smfh. Literally cost me like $4000 just so can run "E85" which in Connecticut there is none! Which really fucking pisses me off! Well, there is two pumps and their like 50 miles from each other and in places no one drives their car to. So aggravating! Rant over sry......:mad::)
Wow...you have a fortune in that set up!! Are you and Brian still tuning on your chassis?

We made so good progress. He's an animal! We were trying different tire and shock setting at different pressures at different temps on different surfaces at different boost levels and ramping in the boost and taking notes.

He is very technical. Like a dam rocket scientist I swear. Were getting there. Power is not the problem. TRACTION is.... Its pretty deadly from a dig tho right off the foot-brake when we have traction! The converter is wicked! But now its too fucking cold to do shit New England sux balls!

Now all winter I will see how much more money I can waste next year on my car smh. These cars are like addictions I swear. Worse then gambling!

Wow...you have a fortune in that set up!! Are you and Brian still tuning on your chassis?

We made so good progress. He's an animal! We were trying different tire and shock setting at different pressures at different temps on different surfaces at different boost levels and ramping in the boost and taking notes.

He is very technical. Like a dam rocket scientist I swear. Were getting there. Power is not the problem. TRACTION is.... Its pretty deadly from a dig tho right off the foot-brake when we have traction! The converter is wicked! But now its too fucking cold to do shit New England sux balls!

Now all winter I will see how much more money I can waste next year on my car smh. These cars are like addictions I swear. Worse then gambling!
Glad to hear that you are making progress with your car and it must be really nice to have Bison helping you out with it. I swear if that guy had his shop in MD, I would be over there once a week hanging out...lol.