Anyone Running Walbro 255 On E85

Hahny

I would like to know if anyone is running a Walbro 255 on E85 and what would be the maximum HP with this set-up? Thanks

I would like to know if anyone is running a Walbro 255 on E85 and what would be the maximum HP with this set-up? Thanks
Friend of mine has. As for as max power that will very car to car.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Thanks Boost231. I just found out the other day that my local gas station is now carrying E85 and I am thinking about converting my fuel lines over to Teflon. That being said, I just replaced my old fuel pump over the winter with a new Walbro 255 and hotwire kit and I was hoping to keep this pump when I do convert the car over to E85. Just trying to save some $ considering the new Teflon feed/return lines are going to set me back about $500.00.

I've been running e85 for 3 years with stock lines with a Walbro 255. I did upgrade the soft lines outside and in the tank to E85 compatible lines. Still running the stock turbo and 22psi.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

I have read somewhere about guys running flex fuel sensor with E85, due to E85 being inconsistent from one location to the next. Are you all running a flex fuel sensor? Thanks

The E-85 in South Florida is mostly E-75. I have been running it for years @ 28# Of boost no knock 21degrees timing

I'm running an SD2 chip with a flex fuel sensor so it adjusts timing and boost based on ethanol content

With a 255 pump I would really like to know what your duty cycle is like at 20plus lbs of boost. I can almost guarantee it’s above 95%. If anyone was replacing a fuel pump and know they are going to run e85 I would look a the walbro 450 or a detuchworks pump . I guess it’s just me and not like running on te hairy edge of something goin south . Also you it would be wise to go with at bare minimum 80lbs hr injectiors .

I'm running an SD2 chip with a flex fuel sensor so it adjusts timing and boost based on ethanol content

Have you zeroed out the timing to ethanol content section?

Have you zeroed out the timing to ethanol content section?
No. I decreased the amount of boost it was adding but otherwise the ethanol tables were left as delivered

No. I decreased the amount of boost it was adding but otherwise the ethanol tables were left as delivered

I would zero that out unless you like adding 4-6* of timing

With a 255 pump I would really like to know what your duty cycle is like at 20plus lbs of boost. I can almost guarantee it’s above 95%. If anyone was replacing a fuel pump and know they are going to run e85 I would look a the walbro 450 or a detuchworks pump . I guess it’s just me and not like running on te hairy edge of something goin south . Also you it would be wise to go with at bare minimum 80lbs hr injectiors .
Yeah, I'm around 95% at 20 lbs of boost. I'm currently running 60 lb injectors along with a walbro 255 and was hoping to keep those when I convert over to E85, but you recommend 80's?