Anyone running Bison's Alky plenium plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unless i missed it, ill throw this out there now. RRA's of race classes should probably look at their class rules and change the alky plumbing rule before someone at peer-tech makes an issue of this at the tracks. Just a thought. Looks like a great product Bison!

Meth injection tuning question. Some of this is also general tuning.
I am still trying to learn (with out doing to much damage) how to determine the best AFR and optimize the 93 gas to alky.

I am pleased with the performance of the car, just want to dial it in.

Hi, the air fuel ratio you should target is based upon the amount of boost you want to run. 15-16# boost you can target 11:5-11:7. Now at 30# boost I target 10:5-10:7. on 93/alky... Just keep your timing on the lower side up top.(17-18*)

Hi, the air fuel ratio you should target is based upon the amount of boost you want to run. 15-16# boost you can target 11:5-11:7. Now at 30# boost I target 10:5-10:7. on 93/alky... Just keep your timing on the lower side up top.(17-18*)
I am currently running 26 to 28 lbs. Target for 1 and 2 is 10.6. Target for 3 is 10.5. Running 19 degrees timing in 1 and 2, and 17 in 3. Some of my issue is that the power logger is reading 9.5 when the MAFT is reading 10.5. This is likely a ground offset issue that I have not been able to fix. I was relying on the MAFT number being correct as that would more conservative anyways, but I am thinking that maybe I should lean it out and that the knock may be that it is too rich, anyone encounter that before? I am going to slowly walk the fuel back some and see what that does. I also should plan on changing my WB.

I am currently running 26 to 28 lbs. Target for 1 and 2 is 10.6. Target for 3 is 10.5. Running 19 degrees timing in 1 and 2, and 17 in 3. Some of my issue is that the power logger is reading 9.5 when the MAFT is reading 10.5. This is likely a ground offset issue that I have not been able to fix. I was relying on the MAFT number being correct as that would more conservative anyways, but I am thinking that maybe I should lean it out and that the knock may be that it is too rich, anyone encounter that before? I am going to slowly walk the fuel back some and see what that does. I also should plan on changing my WB.

Hi, since it's alky related we're still on a thread. Never ran MAFT Pro.

I have my alcohol come on around 13/14 PSI. At mid boost levels you should target around 12:5. If you are anywhere in the tens at mid boost your to rich imo at your level. You might touch of knock there. Experiment with the amount of fuel being used at that point.

I run 19/17 * , 27# , target 10:9 ...tune like above...my alky gain is on 5.25-5.5 on my TTA. Had to take out 18% fuel in first gear to get it to sixty well.

Hi, since it's alky related we're still on a thread. Never ran MAFT Pro.

I have my alcohol come on around 13/14 PSI. At mid boost levels you should target around 12:5. If you are anywhere in the tens at mid boost your to rich imo at your level. You might touch of knock there. Experiment with the amount of fuel being used at that point.

I run 19/17 * , 27# , target 10:9 ...tune like above...my alky gain is on 5.25-5.5 on my TTA. Had to take out 18% fuel in first gear to get it to sixty well.

Thanks for the feedback. I think I have my grounding issues sorted out, it's raining here so will have to wait to test. I think my problem was that I was a little too rich. I will post back up with results. I'll have to go back and look at my MAF readings and injector duty cycle to figure the percentage of alky to gasoline.

I had the same issue with the PL and my AEM WB not matching up. I grounded the AEM to the ECM case and that helped a lot of it. After that I went into the PL and corrected it to match as close as I could.

I had the same issue with the PL and my AEM WB not matching up. I grounded the AEM to the ECM case and that helped a lot of it. After that I went into the PL and corrected it to match as close as I could.

I ran the LC-1 and the MAFT O2 ground to the block. Had to use the PL correction also.
So far, the alky plate still working well, I just have to get the right AFR. Without calibrated instrumentation and with devices reading different values it takes some effort. Making more power adds to the mix also.

Started to slowly pull fuel with the MAFT, and car is responding positively. I was definitely rich. The only difficult part is only being able to do short pulls on the street. I have a good on ramp for testing, but not being able to hit from a stand still and then having to shut it down at about 85 you can only do so much.

I pulled a little more fuel with the MAFT, shooting for 10.8 AFR in 1/2, 10.7 AFR in 3. No knock my last run on the street. Hopefully the track will tell the same story. I guess the only way to know the WB is accurate would be to put the car on a dyno with calibrated instruments. Making a rough attempt to determine alky flow, I backed in using AFR, IDC, and MAF at a single operating point. I think I am flowing roughly 120 lb/hr alky. Overall the car feels better now that I am getting it dialed in, and my overall impression with the alky plate vs nozzles in the up pipe is the car feels smoother. I am going to keep tweaking for now. I pleased with the power it is making also. Will keep posting updates as I go.

Silentbutdeadly, you are absolutely correct, TTS will be allowing the use of bison's alky plate.

Thanks
Bill
TTS RRA

Anyone have pricing and availability? Thanks

Hey Man,

Bison posted the first batch up on Facebook. So I hit him up there and after a quick paypal, he shipped it the next day and it was sitting on the doorstep in my garage two days later. Beautiful thing, wonderful service and killer product!!

I know he blew through his first batch in no time. And I have no idea how many more he's done. However, I'm sure he can hook you up quickly! So hit him up and see what's up.

Good luck with it!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

All good stuff here! Are there setup instructions etc available? Love to review.

I sent Brian a message probably a month ago and he said he was taking orders on them and would be in touch once his next batch is made, and it's first come first serve from there. if you're interested in it id recommend reaching out to him that way he has an idea of how many to make that way he can make enough to keep up with the demand

Just curious if anyone has A-B-A tested this product? In other words how much faster is it on a given combination over julios set up?

I've installed one on a local car with BS3 had to re-tune car .....aka the fuel curve and transition fuel. This product alone is not going to be a bolt in make it faster by simply bolting it in and thats it. The potential for more power and a safer use of methanol injection is the thing with it. Its just better all around....yeah pre throttle body works but is not optimal. Concerns with pre tB nozzles.......Heavy use of meth injection and the heavy dense charge goes the rear of intake manifold and front cylinders suffer...thats just g forces no way around it. Now if the outside/amb air is cool and the air coming out of your IC isnt real hot to flash off the methanol to a vapor/gas then poor distribution is going to happen. Direct port is better period! I've got two more cars waiting for install and tune here as well. Wish Bison would make them for the BGC/Champ intake but I understand his reason as there are way more stock intakes out there.

Went back to the track, tuned out all of the knock except I got a 0.4 bump on the 2-3 shift. Target 10.8 AFR. I am going to see if I can trade a little more alky for gas. I will have to bump the initial as the gain is maxed out at the current settings. I have been shutting it down before the end of the quarter so I don't get kicked off the track, so only tracking 1/8th mile.
Best run:
60 - 1.538
1/8th - 6.982@96.83
1000ft - 9.221

I've installed one on a local car with BS3 had to re-tune car .....aka the fuel curve and transition fuel. This product alone is not going to be a bolt in make it faster by simply bolting it in and thats it. The potential for more power and a safer use of methanol injection is the thing with it. Its just better all around....yeah pre throttle body works but is not optimal. Concerns with pre tB nozzles.......Heavy use of meth injection and the heavy dense charge goes the rear of intake manifold and front cylinders suffer...thats just g forces no way around it. Now if the outside/amb air is cool and the air coming out of your IC isnt real hot to flash off the methanol to a vapor/gas then poor distribution is going to happen. Direct port is better period! I've got two more cars waiting for install and tune here as well. Wish Bison would make them for the BGC/Champ intake but I understand his reason as there are way more stock intakes out there.

Not sure how you can so quickly say PORT injection is better period ... this depends greatly on where your placing the pre TB nozzle .. ive personally tried on multiple setups comparing pre TB vs port and can say ... if the PRE TB is optimal .. there is little to gain by going port injection

Went back to the track, tuned out all of the knock except I got a 0.4 bump on the 2-3 shift. Target 10.8 AFR. I am going to see if I can trade a little more alky for gas. I will have to bump the initial as the gain is maxed out at the current settings. I have been shutting it down before the end of the quarter so I don't get kicked off the track, so only tracking 1/8th mile.
Best run:
60 - 1.538
1/8th - 6.982@96.83
1000ft - 9.221

You should log pressure so you can determine if more fuel is being used. I'd rec grounding the controller to the block, upping voltage, and increasing the inlet hose/fittings cross section

Status
Not open for further replies.