Anyone running Bison's Alky plenium plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seems soft on the big end
Small Turbo, 255/60, 10% slip on the converter - would have to tighten up the combination to get more MPH. Yes, trap speed is probably a little low. A good NLU converter <5% slip would add some MPH, a 275/60 would also.
The slip was for comparison to what is in my signature, and to add to the who is using Bison's alky plate.
Before TE-44, stock dutt neck intercooler, alky in the up pipe. 11.53@114.1
After PT5858, PTE SLIC, Bison's alky plate. 11.24@117.8

Small Turbo, 255/60, 10% slip on the converter - would have to tighten up the combination to get more MPH. Yes, trap speed is probably a little low. A good NLU converter <5% slip would add some MPH, a 275/60 would also.
The slip was for comparison to what is in my signature, and to add to the who is using Bison's alky plate.
Before TE-44, stock dutt neck intercooler, alky in the up pipe. 11.53@114.1
After PT5858, PTE SLIC, Bison's alky plate. 11.24@117.8

Sure.. few more tweaks here and there and should produce some good numbers

you lookin at the same slip we are ?

Yes. I have no idea of what his combo is. If it's a stock motor with bolt ons then I would say it's pretty good! Maybe you know more than me. I'm on tapatalk can't see sig.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes. I have no idea of what his combo is. If it's a stock motor with bolt ons then I would say it's pretty good! Maybe you know more than me. I'm on tapatalk can't see sig.

Stock short block, stock ported heads, 206 roller, MAFT Pro (translator mode), Ext Pro, LT-1 MAF, LC-1, Alky Control, 60lb/hr inj, Scanmaster, Red's XP, ADPP, Power Logger, Casper's VB, Husek 3021LU & Trans, stock elbow, stock downpipe, pte slic, 5858 turbo, 255/60-15 et streets, air bags, Bison's alky plate.

Stock short block, stock ported heads, 206 roller, MAFT Pro (translator mode), Ext Pro, LT-1 MAF, LC-1, Alky Control, 60lb/hr inj, Scanmaster, Red's XP, ADPP, Power Logger, Casper's VB, Husek 3021LU & Trans, stock elbow, stock downpipe, pte slic, 5858 turbo, 255/60-15 et streets, air bags, Bison's alky plate.

I think you have quite a bit more in that combo. I'm guessing mid to high tens. Keep tuning it. You should get there! [emoji846]

I think you have quite a bit more in that combo. I'm guessing mid to high tens. Keep tuning it. You should get there! [emoji846]

Mid 10's on a 58 with a loose converter in unopened engine in a heavy car. That would be a first. I think he realizes he needs a different converter to get more out of it.

Mid 10's on a 58 with a loose converter in unopened engine in a heavy car. That would be a first. I think he realizes he needs a different converter to get more out of it.

If he was able to lock it would a loose converter still be as big of a hindrance?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

If he was able to lock it would a loose converter still be as big of a hindrance?

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Can't make that call without seeing the logs. Usually if a converter is too loose it's too loose in all gears and will eat up e.t. when the car isn't moving fast like first gear where it really counts. It's rare to see anyone trying to push small turbos these days but back when they did the quickest and fastest were always on stock converters and theh kept rpm down under 5000 typically.

I have the logs on another computer that I had to restore the original operating system to use the power logger without the signed drivers. I purposely keep it off the internet so Microsoft can't corrupt it again. If I can find a thumb drive around the house I will upload a log.

Can't make that call without seeing the logs. Usually if a converter is too loose it's too loose in all gears and will eat up e.t. when the car isn't moving fast like first gear where it really counts. It's rare to see anyone trying to push small turbos these days but back when they did the quickest and fastest were always on stock converters and theh kept rpm down under 5000 typically.

Do you think the stock converter will net results like a good NLU?

Do you think the stock converter will net results like a good NLU?

Idk. It's worth a shot. You will have to work it a lot harder out of the hole with a stock converter

Log file attached, soft launch:
60 - 1.775
1/8th - 7.25@96.7
1/4th - 11.35@118.6
My A/F reads rich in the powerlogger. The MAFT reads 10.5 while the powerloger reads 9.8. So it is not as rich as the file shows based on experience anyways. I was also a little lean in the early gears, still tuning and had to add fuel.

Attachments

• 8-25-17-1.dat
    115.1 KB · Views: 79
Cool. Haven't read any of this thread so my questions might have been already asked. Don't have any experience with direct port injection.

Nice product Bison! Interesting!

Makes sense, ? though ,

Injection thru up pipe , it's impossible to eliminate all the alky from the pump fast enough before the throttle blade closes so more alky enters the motor this way. BUT does it atomize as well with direct port injection?

Cool. Haven't read any of this thread so my questions might have been already asked. Don't have any experience with direct port injection.

Nice product Bison! Interesting!

Makes sense, ? though ,

Injection thru up pipe , it's impossible to eliminate all the alky from the pump fast enough before the throttle blade closes so more alky enters the motor this way. BUT does it atomize as well with direct port injection?

Does it atomize on a 100% methanol burning engine? They inject gallons of it in a few seconds. What happens in the cylinder is what matters. Pre throttle body suffers because the volume of methanol doesn't vaporize and has inertia because it's separate from the air steam. This setup eliminates that problem and allows the methanol to be burned as an engine fuel instead of being used as an anti detonant

Thanks. That's where I was going with it... we can use it more as an octane booster rather than a knock suppressant.

Meth injection tuning question. Some of this is also general tuning.
I am still trying to learn (with out doing to much damage) how to determine the best AFR and optimize the 93 gas to alky. I will add that I have an additional dilemma that I have to fix, in that my MAFT reads a different AFR than my power logger. When I was making less power this was not as big of a problem. Today I was at the track and my first run I had a .5 blip of KR at 4900 rpm. I added alcohol and it went up to 1.0. Added a little more fuel and alcohol and I saw a 2.0 blip. I have not seen any thing over a 1.0 KR in a long while. I am making more power for sure. I think I am actually too rich, and maybe getting rich KR. Right now I don't trust my WB, any suggestions on how to get to a state of trust on the tuning? I should probably get a different WB, but don't want to knee jerk. I am thinking of dialing back the fuel a little as adding fuel seems to be a step backwards.

Right now I am running 7.06s in the 1/8th at just under 97mph, have to shut it down before the end of the 1/4 so I don't get kicked off the track. I just need to get a handle on gas vs alky, and gain the ability to drive into the tuning window with out breaking anything. Any good advice appreciated.

I am pleased with the performance of the car, just want to dial it in.

Meth injection tuning question. Some of this is also general tuning.
I am still trying to learn (with out doing to much damage) how to determine the best AFR and optimize the 93 gas to alky. I will add that I have an additional dilemma that I have to fix, in that my MAFT reads a different AFR than my power logger. When I was making less power this was not as big of a problem. Today I was at the track and my first run I had a .5 blip of KR at 4900 rpm. I added alcohol and it went up to 1.0. Added a little more fuel and alcohol and I saw a 2.0 blip. I have not seen any thing over a 1.0 KR in a long while. I am making more power for sure. I think I am actually too rich, and maybe getting rich KR. Right now I don't trust my WB, any suggestions on how to get to a state of trust on the tuning? I should probably get a different WB, but don't want to knee jerk. I am thinking of dialing back the fuel a little as adding fuel seems to be a step backwards.

Right now I am running 7.06s in the 1/8th at just under 97mph, have to shut it down before the end of the 1/4 so I don't get kicked off the track. I just need to get a handle on gas vs alky, and gain the ability to drive into the tuning window with out breaking anything. Any good advice appreciated.

I am pleased with the performance of the car, just want to dial it in.

how long has that o2 sensor been in your car?might as well replace it to eliminate that as a probably cause. can't hurt anything with a fresh sensor. making a/f changes now with a bad o2 is pointless. what are you using to tune? I can't see signatures on my phone if you have it there. here's a nice table posted by I believe murphster on target a/f ratios based on alky % in comparison to gas %. to use it you'd have to be logging alky pressure and do calculations based on how much you're injecting at any given time
IMG_8013.JPG

good info here: https://www.turbobuick.com/threads/...nd-tuning-for-it-numbers-not-matching.378231/

Last edited:
I can definitely swap the sensor. That table helps a lot, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.