Anyone running Bison's Alky plenium plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Went back to the track, tuned out all of the knock except I got a 0.4 bump on the 2-3 shift. Target 10.8 AFR. I am going to see if I can trade a little more alky for gas. I will have to bump the initial as the gain is maxed out at the current settings. I have been shutting it down before the end of the quarter so I don't get kicked off the track, so only tracking 1/8th mile.
Best run:
60 - 1.538
1/8th - 6.982@96.83
1000ft - 9.221

So what were the actual gains from just the plate ? ... guess with the turbo change you really can't quantify that .

be interesting to see with just a plate change.,. what gains are to be had ?

You should log pressure so you can determine if more fuel is being used. I'd rec grounding the controller to the block, upping voltage, and increasing the inlet hose/fittings cross section

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks Bison, just to be clear on my understanding, are you talking about the pump inlet on the increasing the fitting cross section?

Thanks Bison, just to be clear on my understanding, are you talking about the pump inlet on the increasing the fitting cross section?

Yes.

So what were the actual gains from just the plate ? ... guess with the turbo change you really can't quantify that .

If you can burn more fuel you can make more power.

This is subjective, but what I have noticed is better response to adjustments. I don't have a lot of cars and tuning under my belt, but my concern has been with a nozzle in the up pipe is a large wetted surface, and how that impacts tuning and transient response. So after our previous exchange, I ended up pulling some gasoline, car responded well. At the track, my indications were I went a little too lean. Started making it up with alky, and noticed clean and consistent results. Maybe it's me, but I think my tuning results are more consistent with Bison's plate. The engineer in me tells me this makes sense.

If you can burn more fuel you can make more power.

Not what Im getting at ! IF you add the PLATE to a known setup.. and COMPARE .. what will the PLATE get you ?? that's what I want to know

This is subjective, but what I have noticed is better response to adjustments. I don't have a lot of cars and tuning under my belt, but my concern has been with a nozzle in the up pipe is a large wetted surface, and how that impacts tuning and transient response. So after our previous exchange, I ended up pulling some gasoline, car responded well. At the track, my indications were I went a little too lean. Started making it up with alky, and noticed clean and consistent results. Maybe it's me, but I think my tuning results are more consistent with Bison's plate. The engineer in me tells me this makes sense.

Understood ... but all subjectivity aside .. what does the DATA tell you ??

But as far as actual track gains ???

I did not go back to back with only a nozzle in the up pipe vs Bison's plate as the only change. I would recommend the plate based on my experience.

I did not go back to back with only a nozzle in the up pipe vs Bison's plate as the only change. I would recommend the plate based on my experience.

but the DATA doesn't reflect ANY benefit based on your 1/8 numbers ... so your experience seems truly only subjective

Not sure how you can so quickly say PORT injection is better period ... this depends greatly on where your placing the pre TB nozzle .. ive personally tried on multiple setups comparing pre TB vs port and can say ... if the PRE TB is optimal .. there is little to gain by going port injection

would you mind sharing the optimal location for a pre TB nozzle? I would imagine this took lots of time and testing to figure out

would you mind sharing the optimal location for a pre TB nozzle? I would imagine this took lots of time and testing to figure out

it would all depend on the setup now wouldn't it ... intercooler . intake . tb . plenum . up pipe . and actual intake air flow .. and YES it took a bit to figure out

but the DATA doesn't reflect ANY benefit based on your 1/8 numbers ... so your experience seems truly only subjective

Not sure what your driving at, like many things some parts support the ability to make power and some parts make power. Bison's plate will not increase mass flow, but it will support the ability of other parts to increase mass flow and hence power. Port injection is better than throttle body injection, that is where I am parked.

Not sure what your driving at, like many things some parts support the ability to make power and some parts make power. Bison's plate will not increase mass flow, but it will support the ability of other parts to increase mass flow and hence power. Port injection is better than throttle body injection, that is where I am parked.

What I am driving at is this .. simple and plain .... adding the plate gave you WHAT ? in specific gains in the 1/8 ... that is where I am parked

So . . Buson5posted
it would all depend on the setup now wouldn't it ... intercooler . intake . tb . plenum . up pipe . and actual intake air flow .. and YES it took a bit to figure out
Can you share some pictures of this?
If not, do you have some data to share?
If not, how about some info on placement on a 500 whp setup with SLIC and stock parts?

So . . Buson5posted

Can you share some pictures of this?
If not, do you have some data to share?
If not, how about some info on placement on a 500 whp setup with SLIC and stock parts?

to be blunt .. no I am not going to share placement nor pics nor data .. and I explained the results earlier .. no point in re-hashing

500 whp on stock parts and SLIC .. I wouldn't even need ALKY would be my simple info for you, as it wouldn't me my first choice ..

but this post isn't on nozzle placement .. its on Bisons Alky Plate .. so can you share your results before and after the addition of the plate .. specifically what you ran before the plate then post addition of the plate ?

to be blunt .. no I am not going to share placement nor pics nor data .. and I explained the results earlier .. no point in re-hashing

500 whp on stock parts and SLIC .. I wouldn't even need ALKY would be my simple info for you, as it wouldn't me my first choice ..

but this post isn't on nozzle placement .. its on Bisons Alky Plate .. so can you share your results before and after the addition of the plate .. specifically what you ran before the plate then post addition of the plate ?

Then why are you on this Tech Post? If you have nothing to share then gtfo here!!

All you've done is run your mouth and bad mouth the tech. And the data has been provided and yet you want to go back to knuckle dragging carbs? So wtf? Knock it off!!

Status
Not open for further replies.