Anyone running Bison's Alky plenium plate?

Status
Not open for further replies.
looks killer bison. much cleaner than the nozzles in the up-pipe Julio sells. IMOP razor should get with you and make that plate part of his kit for turbo buicks.

You should start a thread just on the comparison of the 44 to the 58/58, I bet a lot of would be intersted

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk
I will post as soon as I get some track times. I also went to a PTE SLIC so it won't be exactly apples to apples.

This weekend I was installing a stock ported Champion lower intake on a customer of mines car that has a single nozzle alky kit from Julio. My question to Bison, would there be any possible way that these small holes could get plugged up? Reason I am asking is because the inside of the intake and dog house I was changing out was so gummed up from (I'm assuming) the PCV system?? Could that potentially create a issue down the road? or is the alky strong enough to keep the holes clean? And last question is, what do you recommend if anything for cars that have this similar issue with gummed up intakes and dog houses?
I told him about your system and I think he purchased it from you this weekend, so hopefully I will be installing this on his car in the weeks to come.

This weekend I was installing a stock ported Champion lower intake on a customer of mines car that has a single nozzle alky kit from Julio. My question to Bison, would there be any possible way that these small holes could get plugged up? Reason I am asking is because the inside of the intake and dog house I was changing out was so gummed up from (I'm assuming) the PCV system?? Could that potentially create a issue down the road? or is the alky strong enough to keep the holes clean? And last question is, what do you recommend if anything for cars that have this similar issue with gummed up intakes and dog houses?
I told him about your system and I think he purchased it from you this weekend, so hopefully I will be installing this on his car in the weeks to come.

I would think that Alcohol, being a great solvent, especially of oil and petroleum products, you wouldn't have any type of issues getting clogged especially spraying high pressure. But am still curious what Brian has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I would think that Alcohol, being a great solvent, especially of oil and petroleum products, you wouldn't have any type of issues getting clogged especially spraying high pressure. But am still curious what Brian has to say.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

That's my thinking as well... But seeing as how this system is not on 24/7 (on daily drivers) and just comes on occasionally with 2 to 3 sec stints on the street in most cases that would be my only question (not concern). I drive my car more then I beat the pants off of it, and more times I go to cruises a hour and change away from home and never get into boost each way. So my curiosity is based more from a driving stand point then a all out race application.

That's my thinking as well... But seeing as how this system is not on 24/7 (on daily drivers) and just comes on occasionally with 2 to 3 sec stints on the street in most cases that would be my only question (not concern). I drive my car more then I beat the pants off of it, and more times I go to cruises a hour and change away from home and never get into boost each way. So my curiosity is based more from a driving stand point then a all out race application.
The meth would keep things clean IMO.

They could be plugged if a filter wasn't used. I'd always use a pre-filter on anything that was a motor fuel or anti detonant. As far as gumming it up I doubt it. The pressures involved in a properly working system (sometimes over 200psi) would likely blow out anything that might land on one of the holes. You'd probably have a better chance of blow back hitting the end of the fuel injector and causing a problem though this rarely happens unless the engine is put under power with an intake valve barely hanging open

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They could be plugged if a filter wasn't used. I'd always use a pre-filter on anything that was a motor fuel or anti detonant. As far as gumming it up I doubt it. The pressures involved in a properly working system (sometimes over 200psi) would likely blow out anything that might land on one of the holes. You'd probably have a better chance of blow back hitting the end of the fuel injector and causing a problem though this rarely happens unless the engine is put under power with an intake valve barely hanging open

Thank you as always. I look forward to installing this. Cleans up the engine bay too..

I wonder if Anyone is using this setup? It seems like it would work?

AIRC, Aquamist has had this port system, for many yrs. Import apps is what I've seen.
The NOS spray bar idea can be made, so the bar is drilled at the correct angles, and spacing for each cyl.
It can be made to length, to be supported on the other end of the plenum.
Aquamist nozzles have filters in them.
As mentioned, with plug and egt readings, each cyl is "tunable"...

I may do this w/ my Alky Control system. More lines, work, as my engine doesn't have 2 cyls missing.:smug:

time slip 2.jpg
With the turbo, intercooler, and Bison's alky plate, new best. Getting the launch down is tough, running 255/60s, and air bags.

Status
Not open for further replies.