Anyone Real Sharp On Auto Insurance?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Our car was involved in an accident recently. The other party is officially at fault. Our car was totaled. Seeking advice on the process & what is acceptable reimbursement. We've had the car since new. Even though it was older, it was maintained well & had a lot of commuting service left in it.

Thank you

Call a lawyer. Every state is different. Even if the lawyer takes half, they should get you enough you don't care.

If it's a total, you will get what the insurance company considers the cars worth.

You can kick and scream all you want, you might get an additional $200. You say yourself it's an older car.

All used cars are bringing more dollars these days, look up what it's worth. Ask for that. No more, no less.

It is what it is, they DON'T GIVE TWO FUCKS IN A CATS ASS ABOUT YOU, OR THE CAR. No matter HOW LONG you have been a customer of theirs.

They work off of algorithms, they don't deviate and if they do, it's NOT in your behalf.

If you get a lawyer involved, you will pay him everything the insurance company pays and get $0.00.
Sorry to be the bearer of this news.

I work at the biggest collision shop in AZ.

Reach out if you have more questions.

Do the values listed by KBB & NADA include the Covid mark up from the last few years?

What percentage is the Covid mark up?

What other recognized valuation tools are there?

Any advice on a decent used car to perform commuter service of 40 miles a day? We have rain, snow & ice. FWD worked well.

Any advice on a decent used car to perform commuter service of 40 miles a day? We have rain, snow & ice. FWD worked well.
If the one that got totalled worked well, then I'd get the same.

The values that are on line are pretty reliable and reflect today's prices.

I agree with Scoob. Go with what you know.

Our car was involved in an accident recently. The other party is officially at fault. Our car was totaled. Seeking advice on the process & what is acceptable reimbursement. We've had the car since new. Even though it was older, it was maintained well & had a lot of commuting service left in it.

Thank you
If you have agreed value insurance policy on your car, then have your company pay you and you're done.

I assume you have a ACV, Actual Cash Value policy? Before you get to your insurance company, I would give the at fault carrier an opportunity to make it right.

Don't hire an attorney, you don't need that for vehicle damage. Most won't take that on anyway, unless you have an injury case as well.

You have a couple different options here. And yes it helps to understand how ins co works. Insurance is heavily regulated and they do have state guidelines to follow. Otherwise that attorney will then take on your case for free as that individual would stand to make big$$$. The burdon of proof is on you if you feel carrier has undervalued your vehicle. I deal with this every day. Settling disputed value situations that are escalated. It's kinda fun actually. I know. I know, I'm a sick SOB.

Used car prices are declining again. Well, from 90-120 days ago. It's all based on market value which is highlighted by comparable vehicles within your zip code area. Alot of data and analytics here. NADA and KBB can be dismissed by the carrier. Go read fine print on those website(s). Info is not current and does not provide comparable vehicles for consideration.