Anyone know who makes this crank sensor ?

Sagecoach

Crankshaft position sensor. Says "assembled in Mexico" on one side. No other numbers anywhere. Tried to upload photos and site says too large.
Thanks. John

Sagecoach

Didn't think it i

Attachments

• 20211124_165302.jpg
    20211124_165302.jpg
    779.5 KB · Views: 36

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
That looks much like the one I just installed. Made by Standard.

Sagecoach

That looks much like the one I just installed. Made by Standard.

Did it have "assembiled in mexico" on it ?

Sagecoach

I bought it in about 2001. Don't know if delco was selling them then, but it could be a Delco ? All of the early Delcos that I have seen have a "K" on them. I know that Kirban, gbody and Highway Stars are selling aftermarket ones but their websites don't show the rear view which would have Mexico on it.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
I would be wary.

1. It's, as you say, pretty old, and the "Made in Mexico" mark burned into it looks like the fake Quaalude markings on pills, back when (I may, or may not have purchased in the early 80's) and I had a bit more fun than was allowed in those days..... It just looks shady to me.

I've purchased a few as back up in the recent past.

Here's my result.

A brand new part, "Made In Mexico" from the markings I see on the package and part.

One used bracket and sensor, no identifying markers on the sensor....who knows, was sold as "working" when I bought it, ergo the second purchase of a second sensor.

Attachments

• delco crank sensor. kirban.2021 purchase.jpg
    delco crank sensor. kirban.2021 purchase.jpg
    330.6 KB · Views: 14
  • crank sensor purchased from kirban. 2021.jpg
    crank sensor purchased from kirban. 2021.jpg
    434.6 KB · Views: 14
  • generic crank sensor with bracket.jpg
    generic crank sensor with bracket.jpg
    386.2 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:

Sagecoach

I think so.

Did you read the link I posted?

I believe they are all imported at this time. If you can no longer buy Made in USA, shop for price & warranty.
Thanks. I read the post , but couldn't tell if the sensor was like mine from the photos.

salvageV6

Daily Driver
The IACV's production line went to Mexico in 2000-2001, same machines and assembly, different (much cheaper) and less reliable workers.