Anyone know Joe Cipolla?

How did he scam you ?
He was supposed to change the timing belt, fix the brakes (install a booster & master cylinder) & fix the check engine light. He installed the booster & master cylinder, however he broke off one of the inside screws on the booster & glued it back together by using epoxy. Now it's being held up by one screw! My regular mechanic says the whole thing now has to be replaced because the screws are on the inside. Also, he never changed the timing belt, which I only found out later after I had it checked out. Before I knew what he had done, I brought my car over to him again & he had his partner, a goofball by the name of Steve, fix my check engine light. When I arrived Joey took (excuse was an interview in Des Plaines?) off in a silver Mercedes. However his partner couldn't even do that right. The problem was he incorrectly hooked up the connecting hoses & didn't reset the codes. But he couldn't figure it out. All he told me was to drive it for 100 miles & the CEL would go off by itself. WRONG! Then all of a sudden he stops working on it and says he has to go, just like that! His excuse, I have to pick up my autistic son & then go swimming. He called Joey who told him to charge me $80 but I balked and reluctantly gave him $40. His parting words, when Joey comes back he'll fix it.

This was back in July, 2013.

So I waited in Agostino's parking lot for over two hours (in the boiling sun) constantly calling him & also having a friend of mine call him saying I wasn't leaving. He finally came out of his house looking madder than hell saying he'd fix it Monday. He told me he didn't want to work on it because it was too hot. Poor baby!

He never did, but that's another story!

P.S. I found out later Joey stole a fiber cloth out of my car.

[quote=" This was back in July, 2013."[/quote]

Kewl!!! :) That Joe Cippola sure gets around!

He was supposed to change the timing belt, fix the brakes (install a booster & master cylinder) & fix my check engine light. He installed the booster & master cylinder, however he broke off one of the two inside screws of the booster & glued it back together by using epoxy. Now it's being held by one screw! My regular mechanic says the whole thing has to be replaced. He never changed the timing belt either, which I only found out later when I took it to my mechanic. On next day, before I knew what he had done, I brought my car over to him again & he had his partner, a goofball by the name of Steve, attempt to fix my check engine light. Joey had to mysteriously go somewhere that day. However this person couldn't even do that right. The problem was he incorrectly hooked up the connecting hoses & didn't reset the codes. All he told me was to drive it for 100 miles & it would go off. Then all of a sudden he stops working on it and says he has to go, just like that! His excuse, he had to pick up his autistic son & then go swimming. This was back in July, 2013.

His parting words, when Joey comes back he'll fix it. Needless to say he never did.

P.S. I found out later Joey stole this fiber cloth I had in my car.

Can I borrow your time machine?

5 Posts and you find this?
:rolleyes:

I also have owned 5 GN's and have been a member here for almost 6 years.... I don't post a lot but I gather A lot of info I need... I was good friends with him years ago, Seems like a lot of guys here track his moves so I was curious...