anyone know a good mustang web-forum?

I feel ya there. getting rid of my cobra was the biggest mistake ever. I loved that car. My boss sold the company, and the new owner moved us to lake forest, about 40 miles in the other direction. i thought I was going to be forced to drive the 5 freeway all the way there, so I figured that Id be spending mad money on gas and would be spending 4-5 hours a day on the road, so there was no way I could handle that much stop and go traffic with a heavy clutch. Plus with all that money on gas, theres no way I could afford a transponder too. I wanted an auto car and the GN seemed like the right car...something fast, auto, good on gas...20-26mpg from all I read. The guy who bought my car came from Louisiana and I had it all timed so that Id sell the cobra on jan. 1st and get the GN the next day. id have no down time. I buy the GN, and even though I noticed it wasnt running right, I was trapped and had to get it. My wife was being a pain and said theres no way in hell she was going to drive me to work for even a week.. 1st day of driving it, I go through almost half a tank in 1 trip to work and back. Well there goes the good mileage benefit....I was getting 6-8mpg cause the thing was so f'd up. (still to this day my mileage is 16-18) Then the next week we move the company and my boss hands me a transponder to take the 241 toll road....so the whole fear of the 5 freeway was based on nothing. He didnt bother to tell me that he was going to hook me up with that. I cant pass smog and it took every dime I had just to get the thing running ok. I also sold the novi 1000 and the intercooler...the whole system, to pay off taxes my wife owed, 6 months before I sold the cobra. A month after selling the system, my new boss hands me 5000 bucks as a bonus...so I sold the blower for nothing. Then I sell the cobra for nothing. Makes me sick thinking about it. 600hp with a live axle with 4.56 gears in a modular cobra that you shift at 7500rpm is an experience to say the least. Top it off with 20mpg. Its hard to beat.:mad:

I guess you got a good case to argue the benefits of procrastination.

I'm getting 12 with my GN and one cylinder isn't firing. What I loved about the 98' was how it felt like my 67 GTO clone I had when I turned 16. The soft suspension, the hood scoops like the 69-70 GTO, the pillow seats, the roar of the motor, all made it feel like that uncontrollable monster that was throwing you around like rag doll and scaring the hell out of ya. What a blast.

I will say though, that when I had it, my dad had the GN I have now (that's running like **** now) and when I'd ride in his GN after driving my cobra, there was no comparison. His GN would push you back in the seat so hard you felt like you couldn't breath. And the suspension is weak so it felt out of control too, only on a whole new level. If I could only get it back to it's former glory, I'd be so happy. The car was a monster, but it's all out of whack now. Sat for 5years.

Yeah Im not baggin on women. Its just an observation. I remember when I was 16 and I changed the cam in my friends stock 1972 overhead cam datsun truck that he was trying to turn into a pre runner. About 10 years ago he started an offroad/racing truck company called solo motorsports. They've gotten somewhat big. Maybe you've heard of them....anyway this was back in 1987. Total waste of time. It had a 1600 engine and he asked me to pop an 1800 cam in it. I told him it would make no difference but he was set on it. While I was doing that, he cut the muffler off it. When I was done, we drove it down the street. His girlfriend was in the truck with us. He floors it, and its accelerating with all the fury that 100hp can give you, and she starts screaming and clinging onto him telling him to slow down from the 40mph he was doing. She's yelling :eek: "I hate you brent! You made it so fast that bobby's going to die!" I was laughing about that for the next 10 years. I noticed it with my wife and old girlfriends too. Just make it louder and they think its faster.:confused: :D

I hear ya
I remeber sittin at the lights and the girfriend would say "could he take ya" I'd say why would you ask that cause hes got glasspacks and 305 Chevy" HA HA
Louder aint faster sweety it's just that Louder. As his noise was heard diminishing in the background.:cool:

Yeah Im not baggin on women. Its just an observation. I remember when I was 16 and I changed the cam in my friends stock 1972 overhead cam datsun truck that he was trying to turn into a pre runner. About 10 years ago he started an offroad/racing truck company called solo motorsports. They've gotten somewhat big. Maybe you've heard of them....anyway this was back in 1987. Total waste of time. It had a 1600 engine and he asked me to pop an 1800 cam in it. I told him it would make no difference but he was set on it. While I was doing that, he cut the muffler off it. When I was done, we drove it down the street. His girlfriend was in the truck with us. He floors it, and its accelerating with all the fury that 100hp can give you, and she starts screaming and clinging onto him telling him to slow down from the 40mph he was doing. She's yelling :eek: "I hate you brent! You made it so fast that bobby's going to die!" I was laughing about that for the next 10 years. I noticed it with my wife and old girlfriends too. Just make it louder and they think its faster.:confused: :D

Dude, I am right there with you, same exact thing with my girl. I had a 99
Camaro Z28, ran high 12s from the day I bought it, so it was no hoe.
But anyway, I use to race people like crazy in that car with her in it and she never really made a peep. THEN, I got some headers for a really good deal and put them on and also a different Y-Pipe and the car got alot louder.
Then all of a sudden shes afraid of it. I cant floor it with her in the car anymore! It was barely any faster at all!
Then I took her out in my buddies lancer EVO with a bunch of sh!t done to it, which made it just as fast as my car, MAYBE a tenth faster, and she doesnt say Boo when I gun it upto 130MPH! Because its quiet... and smooth.
DONT FORGET SMOOTH.... my clutch made a big differnce in smoothness and that made her hate it too!

I havent been allowed to floor it with my wife in the car for like 5 years. Of course Ive still done it from time to time, but I never pushed it. In 99 when I first got the cobra and it was bone stock, some 98 cobra started messing with me and naturally I had to see what my car had. I wasted him pretty bad. Took it up to about 130mph and my wife (girlfriend at the time) barely made a peep. Now I cant even punch it up through 2nd gear without getting a ration of **** for the next month about it....even though she drives like ray charles and is the most dangerous human being ever in a car. When she's driving her car and Im in the passenger seat, my left hand is hanging over the e-brake handle, with my fingers dancing over it like a trigger happy cowboy who's ready to draw and fire. She terrifies me. She'll drive for 20 seconds at a time without even looking at the road. She'll look through her center console while people in front of us have braked and we're about to hit them, and the only thing saving us is me screaming. Then she always screams at me for saying anything. Ever seen the 40 year old virgin with the drunk chick in the PT Cruiser that Andy is trying to hook up with? Thats how my wife drives, and she's sober. The way he's screaming "oh God I just wanna live!"...had me cracking up hard cause its just like every trip I take with my wife. Ive gotten into so many fights with her over this, that 90% of the time, she'll just hand me her keys now and let me drive.

I havent been allowed to floor it with my wife in the car for like 5 years. Of course Ive still done it from time to time, but I never pushed it. In 99 when I first got the cobra and it was bone stock, some 98 cobra started messing with me and naturally I had to see what my car had. I wasted him pretty bad. Took it up to about 130mph and my wife (girlfriend at the time) barely made a peep. Now I cant even punch it up through 2nd gear without getting a ration of **** for the next month about it....even though she drives like ray charles and is the most dangerous human being ever in a car. When she's driving her car and Im in the passenger seat, my left hand is hanging over the e-brake handle, with my fingers dancing over it like a trigger happy cowboy who's ready to draw and fire. She terrifies me. She'll drive for 20 seconds at a time without even looking at the road. She'll look through her center console while people in front of us have braked and we're about to hit them, and the only thing saving us is me screaming. Then she always screams at me for saying anything. Ever seen the 40 year old virgin with the drunk chick in the PT Cruiser that Andy is trying to hook up with? Thats how my wife drives, and she's sober. The way he's screaming "oh God I just wanna live!"...had me cracking up hard cause its just like every trip I take with my wife. Ive gotten into so many fights with her over this, that 90% of the time, she'll just hand me her keys now and let me drive.

:eek: :D

LMFAO THAT IS BY FAR THE FUNNIEST SH!T I HAVE HEARD IN A LONG LONG TIME!

"even though she drives like ray charles and is the most dangerous human being ever in a car."

OMG... I am using this... one day.. its too good... too funny and SOOO true.

THANK YOU!