Anyone in Dallas area?

BoilerDeez

Hey guys, new member here, still searching for my first turbo buick. I've found one in the Dallas area and was wondering if anyone would be willing and able to check it out for me. You can contact me through this site or text/call 765-994-9061.

Thanks in advance,

Derrick

Send me some info, and I'll check it out. I could possibly know the seller?

Don't recognize the car, its over in Arlington, not far from me. I sent a text to make sure it is still available. It would be the coming weekend before I could look at it.

What are your concerns on the car?

Don't recognize the car, its over in Arlington, not far from me. I sent a text to make sure it is still available. It would be the coming weekend before I could look at it.

What are your concerns on the car?
Awesome, thank you sir! I will gladly compensate you for your efforts as well. Just let me know the fee.

Concerns are:
1. Rust, does it have any and if so how bad? I'm just getting into the TB scene and want a solid car to start with.
2. Does it run? Is there any way I could drive it to Indiana? I saw mention of CPS needing adjustment. Is this the cam position sensor?

Those are my primary concerns.

Thank you very much!

I think he meant TPS? As soon as he answers my text I'll let you know.

He just replied, it is still available. Trying to set up a time to look on Sat, Sun or Mon.

He did send me the Vin# 1G4GK4778GP436420

He has agreed to Monday for to look at the car, but hasn't answered back to what time of day and a address.

Thanks! I was able to run a carfax. Came back branded from inconsistent odometer. Other than that, it looks good.

He called me last night, he said he would text his address on Monday morning so by 12 noon or so I should have some info for you.

The weather should be good so a good excuse to get my GN out. :D

Sorry, it's been a long day. Yep saw the car. To me it's a 5k car at best. He wants 7500 firm. He has it in his head the car is very rare. Rust in LR qtr in front of tire. Surface rust bottom of the doors. No rust in the trunk. I would bet a northern car? He bought locally 8 month's ago. Needs paint badly. AC doesn't work. It runs a little rough. Could be a lot of different things? He claimed it got hot the last time he drove it and it wouldn't restart until it cooled off. It ran today for about 20 minutes today and started right back up. A 90 degree day. It has a moon/Sun roof, it works but he says it leaks. Hard plastic bumper fillers. New tires. It has mods... Front mount. Not sure which turbo? Adj fpr, 3inch dp. It has very old school alky kit called Cold Shot. Never heard of it. It has Turbo Saver. He said the brakes were getting hard, it still has the PM unit. I didn't drive it. Oops also a rust slot on the hood. Not sure how bad?
Questions?
I may have forgotten something?

Sorry, it's been a long day. Yep saw the car. To me it's a 5k car at best. He wants 7500 firm. He has it in his head the car is very rare. Rust in LR qtr in front of tire. Surface rust bottom of the doors. No rust in the trunk. I would bet a northern car? He bought locally 8 month's ago. Needs paint badly. AC doesn't work. It runs a little rough. Could be a lot of different things? He claimed it got hot the last time he drove it and it wouldn't restart until it cooled off. It ran today for about 20 minutes today and started right back up. A 90 degree day. It has a moon/Sun roof, it works but he says it leaks. Hard plastic bumper fillers. New tires. It has mods... Front mount. Not sure which turbo? Adj fpr, 3inch do. It has very old school alky kit called Cold Shot. Never heard of it. It has Turbo Saver. He said the brakes were getting hard, it still has the PM unit. I didn't drive it. Oops also a rust slot on the hood. Not sure how bad?
Questions?
I may have forgotten something?
Thank you VERY much. Yeah, the car spent most of its life around st. Louis I believe. Branded title... rust... not sounding too promising. Do you think it would be feasible to drive it to Indiana, or would it have to be trailered? Thanks again and let me know your fee. Can do PayPal or chase quuckpay...

Also something else I remembered him saying... He said the boost gauge (A pillar) says he is running 10lbs of boost?? The alky container was empty.

He installed a new coil pack recently but the car still runs rough, I suggested plugs and wires which he has not done.