anyone here using Holley HP to control Holley water/meth kit?

Warp6

Mine since '92
I just picked up a nice 86 GN that has the Holley HP along with Holley's water/meth kit. I'd like to compare notes on things like activation settings and flow settings.
Specifically, Advanced ICF>1D Tables>SETUP parameters and ACTIVATION parameters. I've never used this system but the parameters don't look right to me. Car does not have a transbrake FYI

Attachments

• WM setup and activation.jpg
    WM setup and activation.jpg
    126.5 KB · Views: 22

Mr.Spool

Before you play you need to look at alky pressures.make sure your system is healthy and dont delay too much as in the end you are working with a diaphragm pump

Warp6

Mine since '92
I've been searching for a method of testing this system. Julio's kit is real easy to test as a stand alone. This one, not so much

Mr.Spool

I've been searching for a method of testing this system. Julio's kit is real easy to test as a stand alone. This one, not so much
Need a transducer and run a separate gauge if you like.
Was and is the setup working right when you bought the car?

Warp6

Mine since '92
Do not know yet. Got to figure out how to test it, starting with the setup in the program

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Donations
$50.00
Here's a start.
Hit the Holley forum. They will have most any info you need.
More hits in this search.

Bullnerd

Can you give your opinion on the drivability of the Holley setup when you get a chance?

I started a thread on it a while back, you can update there if you want, so we don't ball up this thread with everyone who hates Holley.

Good luck with your new ride.

Warp6

Mine since '92
Thanks for your reply. I signed up over there. Still no solid test method.

Bullhead, I'll find your post and respond there

Jerryl

Tall Unvaccinated Chinese Guy
Donations
$25.00
Any and every supplemental alky injection system requires periodic pressure testing to achieve the desired results. Where people get in trouble is by missing steps. The system requires pressure verification testing and/logging. Doesn't matter if it's controlled through Holley, Razor, Snow or AEM controller.

Testing is easy. Just build or purchase a pressure gage and a nozzle and test/set the pressure curve you desire.

Warp6

Mine since '92
Testing is easy. Just build or purchase a pressure gage and a nozzle and test/set the pressure curve you desire.
See my post from early 2021 on testing in the alky forum. I couldn't agree with you more

I'm going to load a custom calibration for testing only, key on/ign off in the Holley ECU and see if I can get it to work from there

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Donations
$50.00
Your system have this driver add on?
The solenoids must be driven by an ECU injector driver output. If an extra injector driver channel is not available, a PWM output can be used to trigger Holley PN 554-115. This is a two channel injector driver device that can control two water meth solenoids using two high (+) or low (-) side PWM outputs.

Slow91z

Turbobuick.com Helper
Staff member
If I was going to use a Holley alky Kit with my HP I wouldn't hesitate to log alky pressure just like my fuel, oil, and coolant pressures I'm currently logging...nothing like tracking pressure versus pwm output, you could see pump life real time on the logs if you took the time to look back at the end of the season and such...And if once you know the pressure you typically run you can set up a safety if the pressure falls lower than you are comfortable with under boost.

Warp6

Mine since '92
a simple test harness like this would be easy to make. This is a screen grab from Holley's video on water methanol. I don't understand why they left the retainer nut off the pressure side of the pump though!

Attachments

• WM testedited.jpg
    WM testedited.jpg
    15.2 KB · Views: 15

Chuck Leeper

Toxic old bastard
Staff member
Donations
$50.00
A note on the Holley kit... it states that the system should be run on 50/50.
Does that mean the guys with the 100% meth may have issues?

TType85

Donations
$100.00
A note on the Holley kit... it states that the system should be run on 50/50.
Does that mean the guys with the 100% meth may have issues?
Only thing I can see is that maybe is the solenoid/nozzle is not compatible with 100% meth?

sackracing

Staff member
Guys run 100% meth with that system

Injector 7 or 8 driver can be configured for nozzle control

Remove Ads From TurboBuick.Com

Yearly amount needed to remove ads from TurboBuick.Com
Goal
$12,000.00
Received
$2,246.00