Anyone have old school BMX??? looking for old school

Eticket

Tell me what ya'll have? thinking about finding a Skyway TA (they make them new) or a Kuwahara. Might have car parts to trade!

I have a 90's GT Pro-series frame and fork and some 401 flights, but not really a GT guy myself. Just gave my Mach 1 to my niece last weekend.

The only bike I currently have built is a S&M RV 24".

I have stashed away a Kappa K-24 frame and fork, and a Hutch Pro Racer frame (not in great condition).

I also have a complete 1988 GT Pro Freestyle somewhere :) LOL

I have GT Mach One that i took apart and re-built myself, DK Stem, Araya Rims, GT Sealed Hubs, GT straight bar, Bear Trap pedals.... i even laced the wheels and trued them myself.....way back when [probably 20+ yrs ago].... i was never able to afford 3 piece crank....maybe i should splurge now .... lol

My nephew has some top of the line trick bike. .. It is a hunk of shit compared to the bikes from the 80s.. Even the frames in the 90s that became lighter are even better. ..

I don't understand the tiny sproket up front...

I remember my first new bmx bike it was heavy as all mess.. It was a univega and it had these obscenly thick pencil spokes.. The spokes were so thick the rims never became untrue... I abused the crap out of that bike... Ah the good old days..

Off topic but not by much...

Sweet Redline no tuff2's ... :D

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk 2

I laced the Arayas on the Red Line as well. I used to reserve them for track use only as I became increasingly destructive on bike parts. Tough old Z-rims took my daily abuse.

If ur looking for variety and top notch.. let me know. A friend of mine in St Louis buys, rebuilds and refubs them.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

put wanted ads up on craigslist. go to car swapmeets and flea markets regularly and don't be afraid to talk to the regular vendors at the flea markets because some get stuff regularly or have more at home. also make friends with the guy at the local dump that runs the metal recycling part because he sees stuff regularly and don't be afraid to offer him a reward. guess how I know all of this? because my brother is into old 80's bikes too!!!! they are actually quite collectible now. he even mailed one to Australia .good luck on the hunt

I have the following sitting here...

This HARO group 1 is 100% original...
Haro Group 1 003.jpg

PK RIPPER was completely re-done 4 years ago by me..
PK RIPPER 001.jpg

I have a 1986 dyno pro compe with the gt pro cranks, lower brake set up and mags that i bought at the police auction to match my 1987 detour with lace wheels and fully custom upgrades i bought at the dealer to make it a sweet ass look alike compe . both are dark blue with white tires, ones mint and the other isnt perfect but not a pile. No rust. Found a tackle box full of used brake pads and faucet looking valve stem caps lol,

I've got a Kink Empire (before the Revision A frame came out), not super old but they were discontinued right after I got the frame and fork back then. The bikes complete and is a tank, it's super heavy but tough as nails. I can put up some pics if you want!

My Quadangle is buried in the basement. I had a Ripper back in the day along with My gt pro performer. I spent a lot of cash on these bikes back in the day.

I was a big Haro Master fan back in the day. Had a Haro sport for a few weeks until it got stolen. Also Dyno Detour I think it was a 90 or 91. Still have 02 Gt Bestwick Pro got to get that road worthy for my son he will be riding around on that one in a couple years.

I've got four ripper loop tails, mint to rough. One quad angle, never assembled. Three sets of cw bars. One tuff neck. Was planning on building one. I had a skyway, that I raced. Wish I still had it!! Phil.
Loop tails are from 81-83.

I have a 1986 dyno pro compe with the gt pro cranks, lower brake set up and mags that i bought at the police auction to match my 1987 detour with lace wheels and fully custom upgrades i bought at the dealer to make it a sweet ass look alike compe . both are dark blue with white tires, ones mint and the other isnt perfect but not a pile. No rust. Found a tackle box full of used brake pads and faucet looking valve stem caps lol,
I'm jealous. I had a Pro Compe also when I was younger. Wish I never got rid of it
I'd love to get my hands on an old Haro Master with the chrome frame

IMAG0138.jpg

My early eighties mongoose. Chrome moly frame and moto mags. My brother had a red twin to it. My kids are rolling it now.

I have a Kuwahara Laserlite and Thruster Vanishing Point that I'm in the process of building for my two boys. They're not old enough (i.e. big enough) for the 20" bikes yet, but I have most of the parts ready to clean up and put together. Bringing back my childhood memories.

thread is bringing back some good memories. I had so many different bikes back in the 80's I couldn't count them all. loved the quadangle and PK Ripper. My favorite was a GJS I didn't see to many of those around. Will have to find a picture of one. I had to work at the bike shop to support my bike habit lol