Anyone have a Doberman Pincher?

Dhos1

Self-tuning wanna-be
Looking at getting a pup. How are they as family dogs. We have a 20 yr old in college and a 12 year old daughter. Pros and cons to this dog breed. I can read it on google, but prefer 1st hand experiences from here. I have always loved the look of them also

They are one of a kind, Get one has a puppies, i had one for 8 years there one hell of a family dog.

Attachments

• 001.JPG
    001.JPG
    6.7 MB · Views: 105
This is almost uncanny.
I got to wrestle one first thing this morning.
A good friend (older gentleman) has one.
125 lbs and 2.5 years old. He is a moose.
Well my buddy has no family. Long story short. He is in the hospital and ask me to go get him( the dog) as he has stayed with us before.
And basically everyone else is afraid of him.lol
Beautiful dog but 0 manners. I pulled up and when I got him to the dog box I said " ok, one of us is getting in this box". Needless to say I won.

Last edited:
Last time.....I will say that I'm a believer in dogs are what you make them. But also with inherent problems with bigger dogs spend the money on the front side and get one from a reputable breeder. Not necessarily the cheapest way to go but it may save you in the long run.
I'm currently starting the hunt for another shepherd pup. Good luck

I have a german sherperd also. Gr8 family dog but sheds alot lol

Sent from my LGMS631 using Tapatalk

I have a German Pincher shelter dog...She's been a great dog, fiercely loyal to protecting her family. She was 8 when my son was born and 10 when my daughter was born. She adores them! Got a German Short-haired pointer puppy and she treats him like a son. She's 14 now and slowing down, but still going hard and pretty healthy.
DakotaTinyCooper.JPG

I have a German Pincher shelter dog...She's been a great dog, fiercely loyal to protecting her family. She was 8 when my son was born and 10 when my daughter was born. She adores them! Got a German Short-haired pointer puppy and she treats him like a son. She's 14 now and slowing down, but still going hard and pretty healthy.View attachment 318203

I also have a shelter doberman, he is not a pure bread he has some one on his front feet. He is a very smart dog, but many people are afraid of him. As stated he is very loyal.

On my 2nd, 1st was a female, pre-kid and was INCREDIBLY gentle once we had little ones. Great protector, gave us 13 great years before we had to put her down. Now we have a male, 6 months old and learning. Did all training myself but it takes ALOT of time. A friend that got me into the breed helped me with how to train but mine have been quick learners. My 12yr old boy can walk him anywhere and he behaves. Most will come up and comment on him, a few walk the other direction

Attachments

• 20180115_193632.jpg
    20180115_193632.jpg
    499.9 KB · Views: 67
On my 2nd, 1st was a female, pre-kid and was INCREDIBLY gentle once we had little ones. Great protector, gave us 13 great years before we had to put her down. Now we have a male, 6 months old and learning. Did all training myself but it takes ALOT of time. A friend that got me into the breed helped me with how to train but mine have been quick learners. My 12yr old boy can walk him anywhere and he behaves. Most will come up and comment on him, a few walk the other direction
That is a beautiful dog! Those ears.

I'm out right now but will post the pros and cons I be had later. What area are u from? Will help u find a breeder.

I had 2 females that I found as little puppies - they seemed very purebred but who knows really . They were tremendous family dogs , they were the sweetest and most gentle dogs
Funny story - my dogs were escape artists so we be Day they got out - they wound up on the back deck of a township board member. She was terrified of my 2 big lugs but she opened the door to check their collars. Of course my dogs ran by her and jumped up on her couch. Well she has a son who was highly autistic and they became best friends in a matter of minutes . When I finally came to get them she invited the dogs over any time as her son had so many issues with everything but not my 2 dobes

Awesome dogs. Extremely intelligent and loyal. Big babies around their family but will protect like crazy if someone threatens a family member. Bred for several years.... blue dobies look more evil than others. Training them is sometimes difficult because they like to test your resolve. Find a good vet to do a show cut on the ears and be diligent on the taping.

I don't have a Dob right now, but have owned 4. Great dogs. My girls grew up around them. They have a good temperament. Just to bad hip problems usually is their undoing.

Awesome dogs. Extremely intelligent and loyal. Big babies around their family but will protect like crazy if someone threatens a family member. Bred for several years.... blue dobies look more evil than others. Training them is sometimes difficult because they like to test your resolve. Find a good vet to do a show cut on the ears and be diligent on the taping.
For those that find it a pain to get to the vet for a retape or want to do it yourself. My breeder has developed a system called "Quick Brace". A wire frame with surgical cloth attached to it, and a adhesive that goes on the dogs ear and cloth. Pull the ear up, glue them to each other, use some tape to support it and your done. It can last up to 5 days but what's nice is in a situation where the dog gets it caught it will come off. When it does come off, you simply apply another one if/ when it's needed.