Anyone have 3 piece/flat DSE Musclebar?

GNICETRY

Cat&wife post starter
My passenger side tire is rubbing my new Hellwig sway bar. Looks like the tire and slightly the rim also. Tire is 235 in the front and VERY lowered. Anyhow was looking for a pic of the 3 piece Musclebar by Detroit Speed. I don't need much clearance and it looks like the flat sides would work.
20200327_181035.jpg

Believe Ridetech has recently redesigned their front muscle bar and have a new more traditional sway bar look. Scot W at GNS performance was advertising the old style you mentioned with flat sides on sale earlier this month . Suggest you contact him for this

Here's the link:

These are the stock arms that were powder coated and put on the car. Are they missing the stops?
Screenshot_20200329-023213_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200329-023136_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20200329-023100_Gallery.jpg

those stops with the stock spindles and stock tires should have stopped limited the turn enough to prevent frame rub
you may need to add to the stops to prevent rub
what rim tire specs are you running up front

Jack the front of your car up, put it on jack stands and then turn your steering wheel "Lock to Lock" both ways and see if your stop on your spindle touches the stop on the lower A-arms. You also might have a wheel issue with too much backspacing... We need your front wheel & tire specs...

I'll try to jack it up today. My wheel is stock GN wheel with 235/60 R15 tire. The tire is obviously rubbing the frame (which it did before my suspension work) but now it seems that the wheel weight (for balancing) is scouring the new sway bar and it is rubbing too.

Do those lower arms have stops on them?

I'll try to jack it up today. My wheel is stock GN wheel with 235/60 R15 tire. The tire is obviously rubbing the frame (which it did before my suspension work) but now it seems that the wheel weight (for balancing) is scouring the new sway bar and it is rubbing too.

Do those lower arms have stops on them?

This is the factory stop. (circled in red)

F1019CA1-EE5D-464B-93D1-FB5B0FA563CD.jpeg

As mentioned, make sure the spindle hits the stop. You could add a 1/16” to that side and see if that’s enough.

now aim camera at back side of the driverside arm and pretty sure youre missing contact with the stop due to the tall lower ball joint

now aim camera at back side of the driverside arm and pretty sure youre missing contact with the stop due to the tall lower ball joint
You are filming the front, The stops are at the back of each lower A-arm.... So if you film the stop at the back of the lower A arm and it touches the stop, go look at the passenger side to see if it rubs... If your rubbing issue is on the passenger side, you need to look at the driver's side to see if the stop is working cause the drivers stop, stops the passenger side and vise versa..

If you have room to move the tire out, maybe a 1/4” wheel spacer would work.
If you don’t want to do that, weld a 1/16” thick strip of steel to the steering stop on the A-arm to limit the travel a bit.
You can pinch it in there before welding to see if it’s enough.

What’s the tire and wheel size?
What’s the backspacing of the wheel as well?
A984A1D2-67BB-4878-B45A-070073392F93.jpeg

There are a few things I need to know....

1) What are your wheel & Tire sizes?
2) What is the front & rear wheel Backspacing?

There are several things that you could do as 1986 Buick GX1 has mentioned...

Front is stock GN wheel 15x7 stock offset. Tire is 235/60 R15. SPC front upper a arms, 1" (I believe) taller ball joints, lowering springs, stock powder coated lower arms with Del-a-lum bushings, all new tie rods, tie rod adjustment sleeves, idler arm, taller lower ball joint, every brace you could imagine

Rear is 15x10 widened GN wheel 5.5bs with 1/8" spacer.

I was thinking about a spacer on the pass wheel also. Was also trying to find some kind of rubber sleeve thingy? to place over the stop on the driver side.

Front is stock GN wheel 15x7 stock offset. Tire is 235/60 R15. SPC front upper a arms, 1" (I believe) taller ball joints, lowering springs, stock powder coated lower arms with Del-a-lum bushings, all new tie rods, tie rod adjustment sleeves, idler arm, taller lower ball joint, every brace you could imagine

Rear is 15x10 widened GN wheel 5.5bs with 1/8" spacer.

I was thinking about a spacer on the pass wheel also. Was also trying to find some kind of rubber sleeve thingy? to place over the stop on the driver side.
With the car lowered, Are you having rubbing issues anywhere else in the front?

The only other issue I could see is that the pass inside wheel well looks like it has some scuff marks from the topmost portion of the tire. I would guess from a high speed over a dip. Nothing major.

If you’re looking for a reason to move to aftermarket lower A-arms, the ones from UMI Performance come with different length aluminum steering stops.