Anyone good with car alarms?

BlackMetal

Can't start my own damn car because this Python 881XP isn't recognizing the remote. Manual says to just keep pressing the lock button until the receiver and transmitter sync up again, no such luck. Also says to disable the alarm, put the key in the on position, then press the valet button 1-5 times, depending on how it was programmed. Well I tried 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 presses, and the light is still flashing (alarm activated).

Can't even take it back to the installer and complain because I can't drive it!

No matter what I press on the remote it beeps at me as if it's "out of range" because the car isn't recognizing the signal.

:eek:
Can't start my own damn car because this Python 881XP isn't recognizing the remote. Manual says to just keep pressing the lock button until the receiver and transmitter sync up again, no such luck. Also says to disable the alarm, put the key in the on position, then press the valet button 1-5 times, depending on how it was programmed. Well I tried 1, 2, 3, 4, and 5 presses, and the light is still flashing (alarm activated).

Can't even take it back to the installer and complain because I can't drive it!

No matter what I press on the remote it beeps at me as if it's "out of range" because the car isn't recognizing the signal.

If you pull all of the fuses to the alarm, the relay for the starter kill will disengage and should start. If not, then you have another problem! :eek:

:eek:

If you pull all of the fuses to the alarm, the relay for the starter kill will disengage and should start. If not, then you have another problem! :eek:
Not always. Any good alarm will still lock out the starter. Code Alarm and most others I've installed do. What you can do is locate the alarm box and jump the starter kill wires - bypassing the starter kill. Probably have to pull the fuse(s) on the alarm so it does not go off after the pre-set time.

Finally dug around in the dash long enough and pulled the correct connector from the control box. Car isn't killed anymore.

This thing has been nothing but trouble, either the installer or the product is worthless.

At least I can drive it now.

Python is one of DEIs premier lines, I've never had an issue with any I've installed. When you were digging around, did it look like the installer knew what they were doing, or was their electrical tape everywhere covering splices with no connectors:eek: ?

Python is one of DEIs premier lines, I've never had an issue with any I've installed. When you were digging around, did it look like the installer knew what they were doing, or was their electrical tape everywhere covering splices with no connectors:eek: ?

Had a problem a year or two ago where I stopped for gas and was informed that my tail lights weren't working. That's when we discovered our first loose connection on the installation. The manufacturer recommends soldering everything but we found cheap butt connectors throughout most of it.

Starting last summer I'd park the car and it wouldn't let me engage the alarm, the remote was telling me the trunk was open.

Then the car was stored and the battery died, and now that I got it running again is when I ran into this problem with not getting the remote to communicate with the car.