Anyone ever use the spohn Pro-Series-Rear-Drag-Sway-Bar ???

Sway bars have purpose. Front and rear have to work together for corner carving.
But OP is looking for a Drag Race rear bar HR , Sophn and a few more manufacturers make drag race pacific bars.
Sophn make good stuff I bet it’s a good drag race bar.
If your carving the corners one should buy front and rear bars as a set and probably a shock to match.
Drag race bars ,you can Pretty much toss the front bar. And you just tiptoe to and from the drag strip.
If this is a drag car mostly I bet you will be happy.

Sway bars have purpose. Front and rear have to work together for corner carving.
But OP is looking for a Drag Race rear bar HR , Sophn and a few more manufacturers make drag race pacific bars.
Sophn make good stuff I bet it’s a good drag race bar.
If your carving the corners one should buy front and rear bars as a set and probably a shock to match.
Drag race bars ,you can Pretty much toss the front bar. And you just tiptoe to and from the drag strip.
If this is a drag car mostly I bet you will be happy.
CORRECT! Drag bars have a Ton of "Rate" to them and a purpose whereas a "Handling" bar should be designed/spec'd around the shocks spring rates front & rear...

We always spec our customers rear sway bars around their rear spring rate with zero issues....

I also the the HR Parts rear sway bar on my car too Claude and I find a very noticeable oversteer!
This is a little unnerving on the Highway at high speed on on ramps / off ramps . So much so that I've bought (but yet to install a UMI rear sway bar that is much less stiff) and should return my cars handling to a more neutral and less hair raising.
Since my car is a street driven machine & more suited to Pro Touring, I'm changing it over this summer. Might have a gently used HR Parts rear sway bar for sale soon ?
What I don't like about my H&R bar is that the car doesn't pull the wheels off the ground anymore like it used to do before the bar. Yes launched crooked but there was a "fun factor" to that... :LOL:... Now, it leaves straight but barely pulling the wheels. It seems that pulling the wheels off the ground evenly like they show on H&R's site requires more power than without a bar. My car now feels like a brick.(n)
Claude.

What I don't like about my H&R bar is that the car doesn't pull the wheels off the ground anymore like it used to do before the bar. Yes launched crooked but there was a "fun factor" to that... :LOL:... Now, it leaves straight but barely pulling the wheels. It seems that pulling the wheels off the ground evenly like they show on H&R's site requires more power than without a bar. My car now feels like a brick.(n)
Claude.
did your 60 stay the same or get better?
I think wheels up would be fun. My daughter can drive my car and it goes straight, this is important to me.

did your 60 stay the same or get better?
I think wheels up would be fun. My daughter can drive my car and it goes straight, this is important to me.
My best 60ft. is 1.38... not bad but there's "room for improvement". As for driving my car, only me and Jack Cotton drive it.

Claude.

That’s getting it done, so the HR Helped your 60 ?
Looks like both can get 1.4 or better 60 good data
Op made his choice good information for future search for the next member

Then what DID you say? :unsure:

If you don't like the HR bar, why haven't you swapped it back out?

I like mine.
Re-read my post... I said that my car left straight but no more fun, crooked wheels up launches. I never mentioned anything about the H&R bar's effect on my 60ft. times.
As for reusing the stock bar... I cannot for two reasons: First, I sold it a few years ago and also and second, I have some Wolfe Racecraft lower control arms and there are no provisions for a stock bar on these... :cry:

Claude

Re-read my post... I said that my car left straight but no more fun, crooked wheels up launches. I never mentioned anything about the H&R bar's effect on my 60ft. times.
As for reusing the stock bar... I cannot for two reasons: First, I sold it a few years ago and also and second, I have some Wolfe Racecraft lower control arms and there are no provisions for a stock bar on these... :cry:

Claude

So you're saying your "stuck" with the HR bar? It was your choice, why thumbs down them when you made the decision? I don't get that. You've been around longer than most.

Why not just change to a new/different bar and report your findings? Why wait to complain?

I just don't get that part about all of it.

I got wheels up, I only did it ONCE and it was "wheels BARELY, BARELY up" but wheels up,none-the-less, on an HR rear, no front sway bar set up. :cool: Kinda scared myself a little.......

That’s getting it done, so the HR Helped your 60 ?
He didn't say the HR bar helped your 60ft time. He asked you hence the "?" after 60.
We get it you don't like it because it does what it is supposed to do, less fun. OK. No problem that is subjective BTW. But to help people out did it lower your 60' time?

So you're saying your "stuck" with the HR bar? It was your choice, why thumbs down them when you made the decision? I don't get that. You've been around longer than most.

Why not just change to a new/different bar and report your findings? Why wait to complain?

I just don't get that part about all of it.

I got wheels up, I only did it ONCE and it was "wheels BARELY, BARELY up" but wheels up,none-the-less, on an HR rear, no front sway bar set up. :cool: Kinda scared myself a little.......
Again... I never said that I was stuck with it... Just that I don't have many options other than removing the bar altogether or leave it on. You seem to have the tendency to put words in other people's mouths! :D
I bought the bar years ago on recommendation of the late Eric Schertz @ Dynotech hoping that it would improve the way my car would launch. Indeed it did make my car launch more level but took away some of the fun. I'm not scared to leave with the wheels up. It adds some thrill, gives a good show and I, as well as the spectators in the stands like it.;)

Claude.

He didn't say the HR bar helped your 60ft time. He asked you hence the "?" after 60.
We get it you don't like it because it does what it is supposed to do, less fun. OK. No problem that is subjective BTW. But to help people out did it lower your 60' time?
Sorry, I must've misunderstood "TurboTGuy''s question... my bad! :rolleyes: ... and to answer your question, well honestly I don't know if it helped or not as I don't have any old time slips to compare the 60 ft. times before vs. after the bar installation, sorry. :confused:

Claude

Last edited:
Again... I never said that I was stuck with it... Just that I don't have many options other than removing the bar altogether or leave it on. You seem to have the tendency to put words in other people's mouths! :D
I bought the bar years ago on recommendation of the late Eric Schertz @ Dynotech hoping that it would improve the way my car would launch. Indeed it did make my car launch more level but took away some of the fun. I'm not scared to leave with the wheels up. It adds some thrill, gives a good show and I, as well as the spectators in the stands like it.;)

Claude.

Great reply, I'm not knocking you in any way, you're an OG....... I haven't earned those chops. ;)

I was just looking for an answer to the OP's initial question, and you gave it.

Great reply, I'm not knocking you in any way, you're an OG....... I haven't earned those chops. ;)

I was just looking for an answer to the OP's initial question, and you gave it.
Ok, no offense taken "TurboT"... ;) ...and btw, what's an "OG"? Could it be... hem... "old guy"?... Naaah ...:LOL: ...it can't be