Anyone ever use the spohn Pro-Series-Rear-Drag-Sway-Bar ???

thunderace31

Banned
Ok I used the HR Parts Rear Anti Sway/ anti Roll Bar on my old T-type but I did a search for it online and Everyone is out of stock on the thing. So I did another search and came back with this one from Spohn

LINK- G-Body Rear Anti Roll Bar | Regal Rear Anti Roll Bar | 920

I was just wondering if anyone Has used it before and if it works the same or as well as the HR Parts Bar????

Its also about $100 cheaper price wise. I just dont want to buy it then not be happy with it. I know the HR Bar works Really good.

Anyone have info?? If so please post up your thoughts!

Thanks

I been hearing alot about the hellwig rear bar. They say its good on the street and the track and its half the price. I was going to get the hr bar till I seen the spohn bar. Now the hellwig bar:confused:.
I think the differance between the hr and spohn bar is one is hollow and one is solid.

HR is Hollow the Spohn is Solid I have no clue whats better. The other difference is in the Mounts one uses just a U-bolt on top and the HR has the cool little Brackets they make. My Buddy says go with the Spohn one and tack weld it to the axle and it will be just as good :/ Not sure though. If This one works as well Im in Never seen the Hellwig bar but I have used some of there bars in the past and they are always weaker than other company's i have used. Thats why Im not sure on the spohn one. But my buddy has all there suspension stuff on his CrapMaro and he loves the it.

Dse has the same type rear bar also little less than the spohn's Scot @GNS sells them and has one on his car check them out!
Chris

GNS ??? Ill check it our but Have no clue who GNS is :(
Found them in the Vendors section Nice bar but the end links that conect to the Body will not work well for a Drag Race app. as they have to much movement and no adjustment for preload.
Just an FYI the Spohn and HR parts bars will work way way better for a Drag app. if your road racing or never drag race go with the GNS part. ;)
Im ordering the Spohn bar tomorrow :)

Found them in the Vendors section Nice bar but the end links that conect to the Body will not work well for a Drag Race app. as they have to much movement and no adjustment for preload.
Just an FYI the Spohn and HR parts bars will work way way better for a Drag app. if your road racing or never drag race go with the GNS part. ;)
Im ordering the Spohn bar tomorrow :)
I just ran across this thread and just wanted to point out that the DSE rear sway bars end links Are adjustable for pre-load if need be and even the end of the sway bar has two holes for added Rate adjustment..These two holes rates are as follows:

1" Dia. sway bar
Front hole = 722 lb/in
Rear hole = 947 lb/in

1-1/8" Dia. Sway bar
Front hole = 1084 lb/in
Rear hole = 1422 lb/in

I have this on my car and have seen 1.80 60' times with regular 285/40-18 street tires (TOYO proxis T1R)...

DSE 053.jpg

Scot W.

I just ran across this thread and just wanted to point out that the DSE rear sway bars end links Are adjustable for pre-load if need be and even the end of the sway bar has two holes for added Rate adjustment..These two holes rates are as follows:

1" Dia. sway bar
Front hole = 722 lb/in
Rear hole = 947 lb/in

1-1/8" Dia. Sway bar
Front hole = 1084 lb/in
Rear hole = 1422 lb/in

I have this on my car and have seen 1.80 60' times with regular 285/40-18 street tires (TOYO proxis T1R)...

View attachment 144564

Scot W.

Thats pretty dang good on a Toyo Street tire! Still thinking now just seems like the solid rod ends would transfer power better to me. :confused:

But if your on the front setting and going 1.80 60's the thing should go 1.60 on the same tire with the bar in the back setting should it not?
If thats the case this would be better :)

1" Dia. sway bar
Front hole = 722 lb/in
Rear hole = 947 lb/in

1-1/8" Dia. Sway bar
Front hole = 1084 lb/in
Rear hole = 1422 lb/in

View attachment 144564

Scot W.
Ok so are you in the front or the rear hole in the photo? Id call that the front but I showed this to a buddy and he says thats the rear hole lol. Ordering one tomorrow ;) Just want to know whats what but Im gonna go out on a limb and say the directions tell this anyway???

Ok so are you in the front or the rear hole in the photo? Id call that the front but I showed this to a buddy and he says thats the rear hole lol. Ordering one tomorrow ;) Just want to know whats what but Im gonna go out on a limb and say the directions tell this anyway???
That is considered the Front hole...

Scot W.

I have the H&R on my car and I don't really like it.:(

I also the the HR Parts rear sway bar on my car too Claude and I find a very noticeable oversteer!
This is a little unnerving on the Highway at high speed on on ramps / off ramps . So much so that I've bought (but yet to install a UMI rear sway bar that is much less stiff) and should return my cars handling to a more neutral and less hair raising.
Since my car is a street driven machine & more suited to Pro Touring, I'm changing it over this summer. Might have a gently used HR Parts rear sway bar for sale soon ?