Anyone ever install the PST rear brake conversion kit?

motrhed87

My next project is to ditch the drums and do a rear disc brake conversion. I was looking at 2 kits, the SSBC which is about $200 more than the PST kit. I have used PST for suspension upgrades in the past and they have never done me wrong. Just wondering if anyone has used the PST kit before and if its a true bolt on that doesn't require any cutting or welding. Here is the kit:

http://www.p-s-t.com/s.nl/it.A/id.9661/.f?sc=12

Thanks.

I have the SSBC kit that I've been running since '91. It is a bolt on kit that doesn't require turning (machining) down the axle flange.
It uses '86-87 Corvette rear rotors IIRC that are turned down to a smaller O.D. to fit under stock 15" wheels.
It uses '88 T-bird super coupe calipers that are rotated rearward. To bleed them requires them to be removed, reoriented with a wood block inserted where the rotor sits. With back seat passengers the frame has hit the bleed screws and broke the tips off.
The big disappointment was there were no brackets included to attach the E-brake cable sheaths to so the E-brake would work. I hope they have this figured out by now.
It does work well with the factory proportional valve.

I would definitely check out other sources.

TSM brakes out of Castle Rock Co. (tsmbrakes.com) has a bracket kit that uses the '77-79 Cadilac Eldorado calipers (purchased separately). I'm not sure what rotor they use (purchased separately as well).

Just tried to order the PST rear brake conversion kit. The web site has the sale price listed at $320. It was such a deal I ordered it. Received a phone call from PST, the listed sale price was in error. They want more money. Anyone ever used this conversion kit? Do it work without modifications?

I just ordered the rear disk brake kit from Inline Tube. They offer it on Ebay but it doesn't show up available on their website. You have to call them to get it. It's supposed to fit with the stock wheels, incorporate an e-brake, and will not require the axels to be machined. All parts needed for the conversion with the exception of the disc/disc proportioning valve are supposed to be included in the kit for $475.

I just ordered the rear disk brake kit from Inline Tube. They offer it on Ebay but it doesn't show up available on their website. You have to call them to get it. It's supposed to fit with the stock wheels, incorporate an e-brake, and will not require the axels to be machined. All parts needed for the conversion with the exception of the disc/disc proportioning valve are supposed to be included in the kit for $475.
Looking at this kit now....have you installed it yet? Any issues to speak of? Looks like a nice kit. Can get it with drilled rotors, too.