Anyone else had enough of the way cops are being treated these days

Like my link earlier. A good friend of mine was killed by an unarmed thug. So a lady with a knife seems to be a bigger threat. You cannot underestimate what someone is capable of. Cops have to make decisions in a split second. It isn't as easy as you think.

There are bad cops but the majority of them are good people who want to do the right thing. If my friend had decided to shoot the guy who killed him you would be calling for his head! However that isn't the case and now I want to be the one to pull the switch on the dirtbag that killed him. I don't blame most cops who choose to live instead of letting the worthless thugs live! Michael Brown being the prime example! I wish Jeff had done the Officer Wilson actions!

Last edited:
No one seems to care that this disturbed CHILD was known to the police. and that there were three cops, and that they had other low risk options other than killing her. You can continue to look the other way when cops push the envelope but remember that our history is replete with examples of society relinquishing power to groups without the proper checks and balances. It never ends well.

I'll never understand how you can insist that there is no policing problem when we see an officer approach a man for a seatbelt violation, demand his ID and shoot him several times while he is reaching for it. His dashcam video showed he was firing before he finished giving the first warning. (Which conflicts with his story, he claimed that he warned the man twice before firing) When about 10 cops are concluding a chase by using tasers and bean bags on the driver and a patrolman rolls up in his cruiser, rushes in and fires three shots from his service revolver at the driver. endangering everyone including the other officers. And yes he was chastised by what appears to be the senior officer on the scene but I'm willing to bet that the officers who worked with this guy knew that he was out of control.

We are talking about police killing people when it is NOT NECESSARY. We're not talking about what's legal. If legality were the only standard why don't we eliminate the trials and punishment phase and just have the police decide who lives and dies. Remember the dead ones are ALL bad guys. Most of you here seem to believe that anyone who says anything bad about a cop must be against all cops or most cops. Well I'm against all bad cops. and against a system that allows them to continue to carry a badge and gun..

As for going home to their families, we all have jobs, some dangerous. I invite you to go on the web and search the 10 most dangerous occupations. Obviously being a cop is not as dangerous as it seems.

Well, it seems her parents didn't seem to care enough to have THEIR CHILD INSTITUTIONALIZED for her and the public's safety.

Here's the video of the incident. Watch it full screen so you can see the first cop trying to subdue her, the second cop with his taser out and then her running at the first cop with the knife....even though the cop was brandishing his weapon. If you think you can fix that kind of crazy.....then YOU'RE CRAZY TOO.

Yeah, yeah another one who's only against bad cops. Yeah right. All you keep saying is COPS, COPS, COPS and theeeeeen at then end you add in the BAD ONES. Here's proof you're full of it......"If legality were the only standard why don't we eliminate the trials and punishment phase and just have the police decide who lives and dies. Remember the dead ones are ALL bad guys." So in other words, what you believe is that every time someone dies at the hands of the police, the cops are lying and the person killed was actually an innocent.

And here we go with that same old dumb shit.....there are way more dangerous jobs than being a cop. Sure, cause you know those crabs in the middle of the ocean are trying to kill those fisherman. And that garbage truck is trying to swallow up that garbage man. And those trees have it for those loggers. And that roof is trying real hard to buck that roofer off. Yup, that's it. It has nothing to do with accidents caused by carelessness, rushing or just being on a boat in 20-40 foot seas. Nope.

The police deal with the most cunning, unpredictable and dangerous creature on the planet.....MAN. And we have to deal with man at close proximity, usually face to face.

I have a good deal of experience with the decision to use lethal force. I spent 52 months in combat during my career in the Army and have since spent time in combat zones as an unarmed civilian. You seem to accept that anyone who wants to die by cop is entitled to be accommodated regardless of their mental condition. I don't. Cops are here to protect the public, that includes those who are physically or mentally unprepared to protect themselves. If they have a knife the officer is obliged to use some judgment, or do you advocate automatically shooting anyone with a gun or knife be he (or she) 9 or 90. (we saw how that worked out in Cleveland)
The military taught me that along with authority comes responsibility. Power is authority and police are responsible to use judgment in the use of that power. The vast majority do but that few who do not need to be removed from the force and the police themselves must be in the front line in the effort to rid themselves of these people. They need to realize that these people are a stain on the uniform that they are so proud of.
Bad teachers aren't charged with carrying a gun and protecting us. If you can't see that then we waste our time discussing this.

Oh here we go with comparing the military to policing. The military kills far more innocents than the police. But just because these innocents are in a foreign land....a blind eye is turned and not many shits are given about it. So what did the military do when it decided to try and police Iraq? Oh that's right, THEY CONTRACTED AMERICAN POLICE OFFICERS.

Give it a rest....

Well that is their famous line "hater" in order to try and discredit anyone who simply doesn't agree with them. Even if the only thing you ask for is actual blind justice. Or even just a less bias system.
The above video is a good example. We should actually congratulate her for such determination and blatantly lying and getting away with it. "Great Job partner you showed that old guy who is in charge (all while pounding my chest and high-fiveing)"
Once again I ask....where's your proof she lied. Just because the DA, who wasn't there, dropped the charges doesn't mean she lied.

People just love to Monday morning quarterback.....

So why did you post that link earlier? Hope you did your homework on that incident with the Gonzales family. Although it's horrible what happened to those poor innocent little girls, I hope you're not trying to lay the blame on the police.

"Personally I think most cops are overpaid, do nothing and talk down to people too much BUT there are some good cops"

Really? Where are you from? Overpaid? Do nothing?

Did you ever consider that it's not what cops do, but rather what they MIGHT have to do? Ever try to chase a suspect in a dark alley and get split up from your partner? Put a price on that!

Ever talk to a woman who was shot in the face, in a robbery attempt and lost her unborn child? Put a price on that!

I bet you one of these people:

Well said brother at least someone gets it!!! Most would not want to deal with what we do!!!!

Once again I ask....where's your proof she lied. Just because the DA, who wasn't there, dropped the charges doesn't mean she lied.

People just love to Monday morning quarterback.....

So why did you post that link earlier? Hope you did your homework on that incident with the Gonzales family. Although it's horrible what happened to those poor innocent little girls, I hope you're not trying to lay the blame on the police.
For the court ruling. for the protect and serve people that don't know any better. Two coments that scream pure ignorance to me are " I pay your salary" and "it's your job to protect and serve"
relax soldier I am not going at you.

For the court ruling. for the protect and serve people that don't know any better. Two coments that scream pure ignorance to me are " I pay your salary" and "it's your job to protect and serve"
relax soldier I am not going at you.

Well ya never know....I have to keep my guard up with you my friend. :D :p LOL

From experience, majority of cops don't have a problem with the whole protect and serve thing....as long as folks don't try to throw it in our faces or act like they're a cop's boss...cause they're not.

Well ya never know....I have to keep my guard up with you my friend. :D :p LOL

From experience, majority of cops don't have a problem with the whole protect and serve thing....as long as folks don't try to throw it in our faces or act like they're a cop's boss...cause they're not.
Never ever about you personally Dude.

I was expecting "DON'T TELL ME TO RELAX" "I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND, DON'T CALL ME DUDE" "DON'T MOVE AND KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM" LMAO
I am trying to relax a little bit about this crap especially in writing over the internet, so much gets left out and lost that simple opinions can be taken the wrong way like the 2 comedians texting each other, one of them is ready to fight and the other one is ready to party.

I always heard that the truth was right in the middle, right between this and that.

Never ever about you personally Dude.

I was expecting "DON'T TELL ME TO RELAX" "I AM NOT YOUR FRIEND, DON'T CALL ME DUDE" "DON'T MOVE AND KEEP YOUR HANDS WHERE I CAN SEE THEM" LMAO
I am trying to relax a little bit about this crap especially in writing over the internet, so much gets left out and lost that simple opinions can be taken the wrong way like the 2 comedians texting each other, one of them is ready to fight and the other one is ready to party.
LMAO funny stuff.

I see the word CHILD used here. In most states a 17 year old is considered a young adult. If a 16 year old is missing they don't even start looking for them for 48 hours.

Lets put this in perspective. In 2014 there were 593 fatal shootings by Police. Out of the 10's of millions Police encounters with the public each year, is 593 considered an epidemic? Police are not robots here to protect and serve you. They are humans that can make mistakes. Look at this Wiki link and it details each shooting. MOST were armed which brings the #'s waaay down on unarmed suspects. Unless you are perfect or your existence is so insignificant that you have to complain about something you should appreciate there are people out there risking their lives each day so you can bitch and moan freely. Without the Police you would probably be getting your ass kicked daily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States,_2014

800,000 officers nationwide. 126 officers killed in the line of duty in 2014. Its more dangerous to be a Cop than it is too be a violent criminal!

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/number_of_police_officers_kill.html

I see the word CHILD used here. In most states a 17 year old is considered a young adult. If a 16 year old is missing they don't even start looking for them for 48 hours.

Lets put this in perspective. In 2014 there were 593 fatal shootings by Police. Out of the 10's of millions Police encounters with the public each year, is 593 considered an epidemic? Police are not robots here to protect and serve you. They are humans that can make mistakes. Look at this Wiki link and it details each shooting. MOST were armed which brings the #'s waaay down on unarmed suspects. Unless you are perfect or your existence is so insignificant that you have to complain about something you should appreciate there are people out there risking their lives each day so you can bitch and moan freely. Without the Police you would probably be getting your ass kicked daily.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_killings_by_law_enforcement_officers_in_the_United_States,_2014

800,000 officers nationwide. 126 officers killed in the line of duty in 2014. Its more dangerous to be a Cop than it is too be a violent criminal!

http://www.silive.com/news/index.ssf/2014/12/number_of_police_officers_kill.html

Well said but let me edit something if I may. It's less dangerous to be a violent criminal when dealing with the police than when violent criminals deal with each other.

Yes. I am. If I had my way, I'd put the cops to where they were in the 30's-with a bill club. If you smart off, you'd get one upside the head until you learned your manners. The only reason people give cops shit is because they know they can. The liberal law makers put gloves on the cops. You wouldn't smart off to an old school cop, or a German Polizei back in the 80's if you knew what would happen to you. Anyone here stationed in Germany can tell you that. Not all cops are good, but most of them get a bad rap.

Well, it seems her parents didn't seem to care enough to have THEIR CHILD INSTITUTIONALIZED for her and the public's safety.

Here's the video of the incident. Watch it full screen so you can see the first cop trying to subdue her, the second cop with his taser out and then her running at the first cop with the knife....even though the cop was brandishing his weapon. If you think you can fix that kind of crazy.....then YOU'RE CRAZY TOO.

Yeah, yeah another one who's only against bad cops. Yeah right. All you keep saying is COPS, COPS, COPS and theeeeeen at then end you add in the BAD ONES. Here's proof you're full of it......"If legality were the only standard why don't we eliminate the trials and punishment phase and just have the police decide who lives and dies. Remember the dead ones are ALL bad guys." So in other words, what you believe is that every time someone dies at the hands of the police, the cops are lying and the person killed was actually an innocent.

And here we go with that same old dumb shit.....there are way more dangerous jobs than being a cop. Sure, cause you know those crabs in the middle of the ocean are trying to kill those fisherman. And that garbage truck is trying to swallow up that garbage man. And those trees have it for those loggers. And that roof is trying real hard to buck that roofer off. Yup, that's it. It has nothing to do with accidents caused by carelessness, rushing or just being on a boat in 20-40 foot seas. Nope.

The police deal with the most cunning, unpredictable and dangerous creature on the planet.....MAN. And we have to deal with man at close proximity, usually face to face.

If you knew anything you would know it is nearly impossible to have even a child "Institutionalized" until they prove that they are a danger to themselves or the public. Making fun of facts doesn't change them. There are way more dangerous jobs than being a cop and not talking about bad cops won't make them go away. Maybe you should try reading up on the "Blue Wall of Silence".
But you're right, I must be crazy to think that people with differing opinions can argue their points of view without attracting the "Keyboard Cowboys" with their name calling. (Name calling=sure sign of nothing to say) I think I'll go play with the grownups, too many kids hiding behind keyboards here. If I hit a nerve I'm not sorry. If I didn't hit a nerve its likely due to your ignorance. Have fun!!

If you knew anything you would know it is nearly impossible to have even a child "Institutionalized" until they prove that they are a danger to themselves or the public. Making fun of facts doesn't change them. There are way more dangerous jobs than being a cop and not talking about bad cops won't make them go away. Maybe you should try reading up on the "Blue Wall of Silence".
But you're right, I must be crazy to think that people with differing opinions can argue their points of view without attracting the "Keyboard Cowboys" with their name calling. (Name calling=sure sign of nothing to say) I think I'll go play with the grownups, too many kids hiding behind keyboards here. If I hit a nerve I'm not sorry. If I didn't hit a nerve its likely due to your ignorance. Have fun!!
I know what's needed to institutionalize someone and that girl is a prime example of someone in NEED of it. Problem is parents have a hard time dealing with the truth these days. It's not always a PHASE these kids are going through. It's understandable why they would have a difficult time with taking such action but not doing what's necessary can have graver consequences....as in the case with this girl.

Not making fun, just stating fact. In none of those supposedly more dangerous professions than being a cop, is the work TRYING to injure or kill you. Seems you're the one making light of the dangers of dealing with humans when the shit hits the fan.

If you can't understand that this girl was obviously crazy, had a death wish and there was no fixing it.....then what does that make you? I even posted the video showing her actions and those of the officers....which I might add, you misrepresented when you brought this whole incident up. Did you misrepresent it due to your ignorance or was there and ulterior motive?

I think you just made quite obvious the whole reason you joined this conversation....to stir shit up and hit a nerve. That's usually the reason guys like you post about cops. You never seem to see or talk about the overwhelming good cops do, you only seem to see the bad and feel the need to post about it. You see an inflammatory headline and you run with it. In your first post in this thread you even brought up St Louis....even though the grand jury in the Wilson trial found no criminality in his actions.

See you around old timer....you won't be missed. ;)

Here's an example of when cops don't get treated fairly by our own justice system......

Spidey punches cop on video and the DA dismisses the case due to lack of a speedy trial. Wait, so who's in charge of bringing forth the trial? Oh yeah, the DA's office. I wonder how speedy the trail would have been if Spidey had punched a DA in the face? Especially considering his lengthy criminal history, including his recent plea of guilty to punching a woman in the face on a train platform.....

http://nypost.com/2014/07/27/spider-man-allegedly-punches-cop-in-times-square/

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/case-dismissed-spider-man-times-square-scuffle-28798113

Glad to see there are a lot of guys on here who still have a thing for men in uniform.

I honestly don't know how any educated car guy, gun guy, or outdoor guy with a backbone can so blindly support Police. Every thing you do is a breath away from being attacked by these people wearing costumes. You are an itchy trigger finger away from being murdered, and there will be no justice for you.
There is no question that Police are above the law and are indeed the largest criminal organization in the U.S. There are nearly daily examples of police brutality, unlawful arrest (kidnapping), harassment, theft, and murder committed by police across the U.S. The next time there is a police shooting, ask yourself, as a CCW holder in the same position as the cop, would you be going to trial over your actions? The truth is that in a majority of these cases, you would. CCW permit holders are held to higher standards than the police. It should be the other way around.
The media of course both cannot keep up with all of these police brutality stories, and also suppresses many of them because of an innate security blanket that people cling to called "Just world hypothesis". It would be emotionally distressing for most people to come to grips with the fact that the police are not there to make things right, they are not there to protect you, and that you are essentially on your own to provide for your own safety and security. This is why we have so many here who blindly trust the police and shield themselves from the thousands of news stories that would collapse their rainbow and unicorn fart version of reality. The world suddenly becomes a scary place when you stop believing in tooth fairies, santa claus, and the cops being honest and there for you.

Back when I was much younger and I believed in a lot of things without ever questioning them hence I used to also blindly support police. My father, on the other hand, hated and distrusted cops. Why? He was one himself as an MP who spent a year and a half in Vietnam and 10+ years stateside. He always told me that you should never trust cops and that they were bullies. I started to see this first hand when I was treated like absolute garbage when I started driving and had a number of encounters with police. In every one of them I showed nothing but respect but like a majority of police encounters, they are itching to escalate the situation by being extremely aggressive and demeaning.

Then I joined the Marines. It took a couple of years for me to finally realize that no matter what costume you put on, it doesn't change the person inside. Just as there are sadistic assholes in the USMC for which the uniform legitimized their attitude and actions, there are sadistic assholes in the Police. A lot of them are the same people I worked with. If you think I'm going to blindly respect or believe some guy I served with after having seen how he treats people under him because of whatever ornament is on his lapel, you are beyond reason.

You have to ask yourself, what could possibly motivate a person to enjoy a job that creates nothing, is funded by theft, and ruins other people's day, every single day. What kind of sick human could enjoy that? What kind of sick human goes to work every day and never questions the laws that they enforce that ruin peoples lives for harming no one. The simple truth is that these are low I.Q. bullies for whom being a Police officer is their only option. In the real world, these are character traits that get you fired. They can't make an honest living so they join the Police and get high pay and obscene pensions. Every day they get drunk on power and for them, there is no better high. The thing about drug addicts, is they will lie to conceal the actions they take as a result of their addiction.

But what about the "good" cops? Truth is, there's no such thing. You can't be good and be a part of an organization whose M.O. is ruining lives and concealing their own dishonesty. I suspect there are some good people who join who haven't put much thought into the big picture, and when they start to see behind the curtain, they are horrified. They either quit, or they shut down the part of their brain that contains any sort of morals. These people hear no evil and see no evil. Anyone willing to sacrifice their integrity by looking the other way is no "good" person in my book.