Anyone else getting whomped lately?

You mentioned a marauder, I have one as well as an 87 gn, the Marauder has a procharger at 9psi, it made 440 at the wheels with torque just shy of 400 ftlbs, with 4.10's and a 3,000 stall converter it went 12.5x @ 110 it's no slouch but your Buick should walk it, turn up the boost!

That sounds sweet! any videos of it? I've always like those cars. Haha, the one I raced looked and sounded bone stock, I think yours would probably give me fits. Once I get my boost issues fixed, I can turn it up reliably and will crack into the 11s (hopefully).

IMG_20151105_204735225.jpg
20151101_165929.jpg
20151108_090631.jpg
That sounds sweet! any videos of it? I've always like those cars. Haha, the one I raced looked and sounded bone stock, I think yours would probably give me fits. Once I get my boost issues fixed, I can turn it up reliably and will crack into the 11s (hopefully).
I've got a few pics and a short little video giving it a quick hit while rolling. It's a decent ride for a car it's size it moves out pretty good. I've surprised more than a few done up cars with it.

Last edited:
If you have E85 availability then by all means convert. My friend and I will tell you it's hands down the best thing to ever happen to our cars! 80s, dw 300fp, a new larger fuel return line and of course a chip from tt.

If you have E85 availability then by all means convert. My friend and I will tell you it's hands down the best thing to ever happen to our cars! 80s, dw 300fp, a new larger fuel return line and of course a chip from tt.

I have E85 around my place, and I just ordered the DW 300 pump, and already have the injectors. I'm going to get a chip, but have a question about the lines. When people run the braided lines with the composite/Ethanol resistant material inside, do they replace the three lines coming out of the tank, too?

You only need to replace the return line back to the tank where it connects to the 3 lines coming out of the tank. Those 3 lines going back into the tank do not have to be replaced. My return line is just a standard an style braded rubber hose also. Zero issues. I do run a volt booster and a Hotwire kit to my pump.

If you're having fun when you drive the car, that's what matters.

Hearing "My brother's buddy had a Monte just like yours, only his was twin turbo charged from the factory" or some other outrageous comment from "car guys" that know nothing of these cars has been worth twice the price of admission........

Enjoy the ride. :D

You only need to replace the return line back to the tank where it connects to the 3 lines coming out of the tank. Those 3 lines going back into the tank do not have to be replaced. My return line is just a standard an style braded rubber hose also. Zero issues. I do run a volt booster and a Hotwire kit to my pump.

There's no special E85 resistant/Teflon line that should replace those three? I do have a hotwire kit setup on my current pump.

If you're having fun when you drive the car, that's what matters.

Hearing "My brother's buddy had a Monte just like yours, only his was twin turbo charged from the factory" or some other outrageous comment from "car guys" that know nothing of these cars has been worth twice the price of admission........

Enjoy the ride. :D

Haha, oh I do! It's still a work in progress, but a blast to drive. I have a blue T, so I don't get the Monte comments, but I do get a lot of confused looks.

I was at a stoplight this summer when two guys on motorcycles behind me almost fell off their bikes leaning over trying to see what my car was. I saw the confusion on their faces in my rear view mirror and heard the comment "turbo????" (probably referring to the badge on the back). Needless to say, when the light turned green, I let 'em know it has a turbo ;)

There's no special E85 resistant/Teflon line that should replace those three? I do have a hotwire kit setup on my current pump.

Haha, oh I do! It's still a work in progress, but a blast to drive. I have a blue T, so I don't get the Monte comments, but I do get a lot of confused looks.

I was at a stoplight this summer when two guys on motorcycles behind me almost fell off their bikes leaning over trying to see what my car was. I saw the confusion on their faces in my rear view mirror and heard the comment "turbo????" (probably referring to the badge on the back). Needless to say, when the light turned green, I let 'em know it has a turbo ;)

I would bet the same look was on the cycle guys faces at the next light, too........ :cautious::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You'll experience the "Monte" reference soon enough, I can assure you......

Last edited:
I would bet the same look was on the cycle guys faces at the next light, too........ :cautious::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You'll experience the "Monte" reference soon enough, I can assure you......

Hehehe, he pulled up next to me, and complimented it. I guess once I start getting the car out more, I'll hear it more, ha!