Anyone buy gold bars?

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
Thinking of switching up some of my investments, wondering if anyone here has any dealing with buying gold bars? Where you purchase them and how has the re-selling been if you have cashed any in? Gold has been fairly stable for the last 2 years at around $1200-1300 an ounce, don't see it going lower for very long. Need to cash out some investments and sit on something else for a while.
I already have a safety deposite box to store them in.
Tell me your experience with it.

Thanks

@ 400 oz per bar roughly 500k value most wont be buying too many bars here. (not saying some cant. ) Bar maybe bars not so much.

I'm pretty sure he meant 1oz bars lol!

the problem is that you have to pay a fee to buy, nobody will sell it to you at market rate

In the past when I bought metals I tried to concentrate on US silver and gold buisiness strikes. Mostly 90% US silver and any of the gold issues. They are easier to sell though you will get a little less based on bullion value.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thinking of switching up some of my investments, wondering if anyone here has any dealing with buying gold bars? Where you purchase them and how has the re-selling been if you have cashed any in? Gold has been fairly stable for the last 2 years at around $1200-1300 an ounce, don't see it going lower for very long. Need to cash out some investments and sit on something else for a while.
I already have a safety deposite box to store them in.
Tell me your experience with it.

Thanks
Hope that safety deposit box is not one located at a bank. The laws regarding those are disgusting at least that's what I've read.

Yes, bars come in all kinds of ranges from 20 grams to 10oz are the most common. As far as buying, a friend has dealt with apmex.com They sell for about $20/oz over current spot price, and will buy back your purchases for around $10 under spot, so that is a $30 difference....buy now, sell when it is up $100 over current (like it was about a month ago), you have made $70/oz profit.
This would be a 1-2 yr investment..yeah there is a horrible story no matter where you store it, bank would be the best location, I've had the same bank for 35 years, even in 2008 with Wachovia and Omni going under I did not hear of anyone not being able to get to their SDBox. I also have several other options on storage so I will probably use a couple of different places as some places you buy and they store it for you, but just make sure they have been doing this for a loong time!

I can also recommend Apmex. Buying and selling costs $$$, so do it as a "hedge" and not as an investment.

I just cashed out of all my silver and gold for rental properties. Made decent money, but need a steady income and a tax write off. Working for 30 years with pension at the same place is long gone anymore. Gotta diversify and hopefully hit a good market somewhere. Real estate has always been good to me.

I have bought both silver and gold from these guys. Great company. I also would not figure as a investment but I have bought in small sizes so if all paper money goes to hell, gold and silver will still pay for something.
https://www.moneymetals.com

Well when it goes to shit the only Metal that buy stuff will be LEAD. I have invested in lots of lead and lead throwing devices.

Drop the mic.........

If you are near a medium to large metro area there are monthly shows that coin dealers put on. I am a part time coin dealer and these shows are in my opinion the best way to buy gold-silver. There have been many cases I could have bought at or near spot price on the most common of bullion gold.Many dealers can be cash strapped as they buy misc. numismatic items and are in need of cash.

I would be too afraid of fake stuff at shows since I am untrained at spotting it. I have been in the rental property business before and it is too much work taking away my free time, I can turn 5%-6% tax free income in muni-bond funds like DSM, LEO, PMF, or PMX. Anything you buy a sell will have a fee, the current buy and sell price on American Eagle 1oz gold coins is around $50...if the price of gold goes up $50 you break even. This would be a long term investment for me and I don't see gold going down no matter which clown we end up with in office..not to turn this into a political thing, but I think that will be a fact when we look back 4 years from now no matter who wins.