anybody making the valve cover stickers?

tb3

elbows & a$$holes
the factory rectangle sticker on the valve cover with the bar code and letters and numbers.very simple to make and has no gm label or logo on it. surely somebody sells it? I'm almost finished with a engine restoration and was curious if they are available since seems like most every other sticker is.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Those stickers are individual to each engine; got the engine serial number on them both numeric and in the barcode.

I had the same one done for my TTA (looks different but similar information on it and attached to the oil pan instead of the VC) however I don't know the engine serial number of mine (documents for our TTAs not released yet but hopefully one day we will have a copy of them) so I had to just make a number up when I had mine done.

So just wanted to let you know as I looked into this already for the TTA engines.

John is right. The barcode sticker on the VC was used at the engine plant. They would scan prior to shipping. And again at the assy plant to track what engine was installed in each vehicle.

If it were scanned to see what car it went into...would the number be on your build sheet?

Good question? Idk sorry. I work at a GM Powertrain plant. The only thing I can tell you for sure is that was a method used to track the motors for inventory, warehousing, warranty etc. I do know that they would also scan the motor prior to install into the chassis and they were matched at that time.

For the TTA this number is not found on the build sheet just on the reports generated for tracking and warranty purposes kept by GM and PAS Inc. Luckily these records are still in good hands but not shared with us owners yet .... for the Grand National's I have no idea where these records would be or how to find out other than having the original decal from your engine.

RC had a very interesting thread a while back showing all the different labels.

I saved it - somewhere!
Try a search.
Might be in Restoration Forum.

good info! thanks guys!
I didn't realise they where unique to each car.
I will just have mine reproduced local then.
thanks again!