Anybody ever drill a small hole behind the engine?

Royal-T-Ltd

Like the title suggests.... Anybody ever drill a hole on the firewall behind the engine/coil pack?

If so, where'd you locate it and where did it line up behind the dash?

There is one on my car from the previous owner. I have removed all the BS that was ran through it. I plan to weld it up this winter while pulling the engine to reseal and beautify. Do you have that much crap you need to run? Has to be a better way IMO. I know not the answer you were looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

There is one on my car from the previous owner. I have removed all the BS that was ran through it. I plan to weld it up this winter while pulling the engine to reseal and beautify. Do you have that much crap you need to run? Has to be a better way IMO. I know not the answer you were looking for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Can you post a pic...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Why don't you just go through the rubber grommet??
I've already used that... this is more so a thought I've had to place a stud through the firewall - NOT wiring. Not a huge hole... possibly just 8-10mm.... just working on placement ..... so the question still is Has anyone drilled a hole in the firewall.... if not maybe I'll be the first. I have an idea I want to try.

Unfortunately, the picture links appear to be dead; one of them I recall had a pretty good shot of a hole made through the firewall and where it appeared behind the dash: http://www.turbobuick.com/threads/cleaning-up-moving-wiring-anyone-done-it-before.341027/
Damn that would have been a perfect thread.... wish the images still loaded. I searched some yesterday. Not too many posts, mainly people asking why or telling the OP to just use the factory grommet.... smh.

I drilled a 1/2" hole way up behind the wiper motor under the cowl shelf. I ran my boost line and a few wires through it. I split a grommet to insulate the sharp metal edges. I drilled it back under the shelf to avoid any water penetration though I could have sealed it with some silicone.

I drilled a 1/2" hole way up behind the wiper motor under the cowl shelf. I ran my boost line and a few wires through it. I split a grommet to insulate the sharp metal edges. I drilled it back under the shelf to avoid any water penetration though I could have sealed it with some silicone.
Thks for the idea I will check it out...