Any news on HoodSkinz hood liners???

Hotfoot

Got my from mark it’s a nice View attachment 360066
Ok this is what I have. Mine is definitely aluminum 20 gauge .0385” if you look really close the letters are set in from the powder coat . I believe that they put a sticker on Applied the color and then removed the sticker you can feel the step from the letters to the powder coat

Attachments

• 0B697FD5-0280-4F69-810C-5A36F5EDA08B.png
    0B697FD5-0280-4F69-810C-5A36F5EDA08B.png
    929 KB · Views: 41

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
Ok this is what I have. Mine is definitely aluminum 20 gauge .0385” if you look really close the letters are set in from the powder coat . I believe that they put a sticker on Applied the color and then removed the sticker you can feel the step from the letters to the powder coat

Yes, they are definitely made of aluminum, not ABS. Claude is incorrect.

Now that I look a mine closer, the lettering is the bare aluminum under the black powder coat. I agree with what Hotfoot says above in red.

evil666

One thing I know having seen my friend Marco's ("evil666") car, is that it's neither powdercoated or painted. The panel is made of molded black abs plastic. As for the decals, I asked him about them and maybe he'll chime in...
Claude.
Claude it is not ABS, it is aluminum. I am pretty sure that it is powder coated. They probably put a Buick, power 6 and turbocharged stencil (sticker) on before powder coating it and they peel it off afterwards. Underneath you could see the aluminum finishing . In my case I paid a little more to get the power 6 in colour. I think it is painted on.

Claude it is not ABS, it is aluminum. I am pretty sure that it is powder coated. They probably put a Buick, power 6 and turbocharged stencil (sticker) on before powder coating it and they peel it off afterwards. Underneath you could see the aluminum finishing . In my case I paid a little more to get the power 6 in colour. I think it is painted on.
Oops!... Sorry, my mistake! o_O... I stand corrected, I didn't want to mislead anyone.

Claude.

Gosh I’ve never know Claude to make a mistake, maybe the cold air clouding the mind Lol
Yeah that was my first one!... :p... Winter is coming so it might be the cold air...:oops:
and
I can still remember the first time I saw that ridiculous BUICK with the C printed in a different font.
You couldn't pay me to buy one.

I checked the link you provided and I don't see what's wrong with the "C"... Looks ok to me!

Claude.

Ttype6

I always thought it was the upside down "K" that people took issue with.
The upside down K was a printing error. The different font used for the letter C was done purposefully. Every Buick dealership today uses this style of the word Buick with the original fonts for the letters B,U,I, and K and a different font for the letter C. I wonder if Buick Motor Division was forced to change the style of the font because someone copywrited the Buick name in the original style.

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
The upside down K was a printing error. The different font used for the letter C was done purposefully. Every Buick dealership today uses this style of the word Buick with the original fonts for the letters B,U,I, and K and a different font for the letter C. I wonder if Buick Motor Division was forced to change the style of the font because someone copywrited the Buick name in the original style.

It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! :cool:

TurboTGuy

Gray Beard Member
It's a conspiracy, I tell ya! :cool:

I love my car, but if Buick is such an ICON in Americana history, why couldn't they even see fit to raise a simple quarrel about it?

What is that about?

Oh, GM just doesn't give a good God damn fuck any more, they never have, that's why.

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
One thing I know having seen my friend Marco's ("evil666") car, is that it's neither powdercoated or painted. The panel is made of molded black abs plastic. As for the decals, I asked him about them and maybe he'll chime in...
Claude.
They are aluminum NOT ABS plastic!

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Biggest hassle with these was the shipping. Mini crates were eventually built to ship them in. Would try to get them made here locally in CT but everything is so expensive here the cost would be outrageous. I've tried to convince them to bring it back to production but no luck.

OConnor

Biggest hassle with these was the shipping. Mini crates were eventually built to ship them in. Would try to get them made here locally in CT but everything is so expensive here the cost would be outrageous. I've tried to convince them to bring it back to production but no luck.
Any chance of seeing if it would be possible with a large enough group buy?