Any Lithium battery users?

Good to hear, thanks for relying.(y)

I have been using the antigravity battery for 3 months. No issues yet.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Mr Pronto. We have a mutual friend named Mr. Smith. Over the years he has tried everything in the world to run the small batteries. Your tuning with a computer (say 15/20min) an running a fan it just doesn't fit the bill. I have his last one from years ago to run my winch. Thats what think they are good for. :p If he couldn't do it thats enuff for me. AND you know Smitty.. Loosing that much weight he tried an tried to no avail. ;) BUT if ya want get one.. We need a new guinea pig around here.

From some of the posts here, there are some members that could use a dose of lithium. Then, use what's left for a battery??:rolleyes:

Ya, Smith is a mad scientist. LiFePo batteries have improved from years ago though. We have a few members in this post that are running them and seem to be having success and the prices have come down too. We'll see. Maybe a spring fling...

As a follow up from me... I am still using my same Deka ETX 30L battery that I have had since Feb 2015. Small 22lb battery that I keep on a battery tender regularly. Still a good cheap option to Lithium batteries for a little over $100.

As a follow up from me... I am still using my same Deka ETX 30L battery that I have had since Feb 2015. Small 22lb battery that I keep on a battery tender regularly. Still a good cheap option to Lithium batteries for a little over $100.
Hey Murphster
Is this battery a direct bolt on , with the exception of holding it down and battery cables connectors. For example, if the fan is running at the track and I have my lap top plugged in , will the battery manage or will it die quickly? Any negative effects to the alternator? Regular battery tender for a car battery works ?

hmmmmm... From the info on that battery . wonder why ."
*Please note that the DEKA ETX series is NOT intended for use in any automotive vehicles."

I'm not that knowledgeable about batteries but one thing for certain is the technology behind Lithium Ion batteries has advanced exponentially over the past 10 years. Other than being a major fire hazard there is nothing else produced commercially that has the power to weight of Lithium Ion.

Boeing uses them as the main ship batteries on the 787. If you remember the early ones needed to be redesigned when an airplane was lost on the ground due to a battery fire.

We tried the glass mat a few years ago in the race car and had too many negatives for us. MSD said these newer batteries are causing headaches with electronics but I never saw any of that. Short life and they did not charge fast enough between rounds. Mercedes used them but even they are going back to lead acid. The lithium seem to have some of the same negative effects. I know that if you let them get too low of a charge they are finished. Good post and info

Some of them have a safety feature that shuts them down before the charge goes too low.

Antigravity
d972fce28740731d4c52f69e55f03b04.jpg

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Hey Murphster
Is this battery a direct bolt on , with the exception of holding it down and battery cables connectors. For example, if the fan is running at the track and I have my lap top plugged in , will the battery manage or will it die quickly? Any negative effects to the alternator? Regular battery tender for a car battery works ?

I would avoid running extra stuff for a long time as the battery definitely has a smaller reserve than the typical battery. I use a Battery Tender Plus and have used another brand with no issues. I have had great luck with this battery, always had it on a tender though.

hmmmmm... From the info on that battery . wonder why ."
*Please note that the DEKA ETX series is NOT intended for use in any automotive vehicles."

Oh damn, I better take it out ASAP. My tires say not for street use also. Sh*t.

Antigravity is what I have. Weighs 5 lbs with 720 cranking amps which is about 150 more CCA's then the stock battery. No trickle charge either. Starts up fine. Was 28 degrees out the other day and started like it was mid summer.

Antigravity is what I have. Weighs 5 lbs with 720 cranking amps which is about 150 more CCA's then the stock battery. No trickle charge either. Starts up fine. Was 28 degrees out the other day and started like it was mid summer.
Have a pn or model number for this?

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

They require some more care. Lithium batteries don't like being cold, and they don't like being run dead flat.

So, keep the car in a garage. You could also get a battery warmer. If it's below freezing and it's sat for awhile and you don't have a heater, turn the headlights on for a bit to let the battery warm itself back up on a lower current before trying to use it to start the car.

And get a battery with undervoltage protection that'll cut the battery off if the charge gets too low. If a Lithium battery goes flat, it's done for.

On the plus side, a properly cared for Lithium Ion battery will last 5000-6000 charge cycles. That's like 10-15 years for a daily driven car.
also they don't like being stored for long periods of time at full charge. Will last longer around 50% charge if car is not being used. Not worth it to me.

Stop trolling the internet and talking out of ur ass! I find it amusing reading posts like this when ppl refer to first generation lithium batteries made 30 years ago smh. There is this thing its called technology.....

It reminds me of ppl saying how u need twin Turbo's to go fast on the street cause the singles don't spool up fast enough. Well, yea a long long time ago in a far away Galaxy that was true but Turbo's like BATTERIES have come a long way.

In fact, most of the new Antigravity lithium batteries have built in auto shut-offs (Ya know the thing called technology) in them so they will never die and will always have enough juice to start up even if there was a parasitic drain.

So stop spreading rumors over on this forum cause u sound ridiculous!

also they don't like being stored for long periods of time at full charge. Will last longer around 50% charge if car is not being used. Not worth it to me.