Any Lithium battery users?

Tricked the alt? Diode? Inquiring minds would like to know and, how much does your battery weigh Scott?

Last edited:
should end in 36. 36aH is the biggest they make. I've had it a couple years so the price may have come down. They are motorcycle sized so it's not a direct bolt in.

EDIT: Found the paperwork. EVX20L-24. Im guessing the -24 refers to the amount of cells.

Last edited:
Cool. That was one that was on my list. What size alternator are you using? Do you have a special battery maintainer for it?

200 amp, running at 14.8 - 15.0 volts. There is a plug on the top for their equalizer but I haven't done anything yet. Also, no long term results, I bought the battery as an experiment.

They make an EVX30 which is a little more powerful and meant as a direct replacement for the Deka etx30l that I have. Looks like you can get it for low/mid $400s and weighs 5lbs. These batteries do not have built in BMS electronics to prevent over and undercharging but a BMS port that you can use for cell balancing with a special Li charger.

Would be cool to have as a race day battery since it would swap right in for my Deka and lose 16-17 lbs. You would need to get a $100+ charger to get cell balancing.

With a summit pro account, I can get the Lithium Pros C680 for $495 which is similar, weighs 4lbs and has built in cell balancing electronics so no special charger needed.

The Lithium Pros C680 says it can be used with a maximum 60 amp alternator output. So I assume a stock 120 alternator would be ok if the draw wasn't over 60? I guestimated I have about 67 amps (fans, pumps, alky and headlights), does that sound reasonable for the higher draw items?

5ad727c0671000c55cfcb969b9f7ae19.jpg

900+ cranking amps. 10 lbs

There's that and the Earth ETX48E. They both have bms. The antigravity is a little heavier and bigger but 100 less.

200 amp, running at 14.8 - 15.0 volts. There is a plug on the top for their equalizer but I haven't done anything yet. Also, no long term results, I bought the battery as an experiment.
Scott, I thought I'ld bring this back to see if you are still running that battery and how the results are.

That is a downside to that battery. The EVX20L-24 can be had with positive on the left for $440.

Lithium?? Not in a battery, but I suspect some members use it for "personal reasons"..Especially after owning a Buick V-sicks, for some time.:D

Scott, I thought I'ld bring this back to see if you are still running that battery and how the results are.

Not on the road full time yet, the car is running and starting just fine. Also, I ran this battery in my Jeep for two months as a test with no issues.