any Honda CBR owners?

Your d*mn right about the sound of a twin. My TL has a full M4 exhaust and is one of the best sounding exhaust ive ever heard.

James

Dont know about the Hondas, Suzukis or anything else for that matter but, I LOVE my 10R!! I see you have one too gnturboray. I had ridden dirt bikes for a year now and this 10R is my first sportbike. The 600's weren't quick enough for me, lol.
Good luck in choosing your bike. Id say get one that you feel comfortable on as your probably not going to be racing/stunting on one all the time or are you?? :p
Derek:cool:

Originally posted by gnturboray
The SV600s is not a sport bike!!! A sport bike has full fairing and races on the AMA circuits and yes the F4i (not the 600rr) along with the Yami YZF600r (not the R6) the Kawi ZZR600 (not the ZX6r or ZX6rr) and the Suzi Katana 600 (not the GSXR 600) are all considered beginner sport bikes.

Gee - I never knew a bike had to be a showroom racer to be considered a sport bike. I guess your going to try and tell me that an SV is a cruiser?? Let's see....the SV has clip-on bars and a half fairing - this is a "naked frame" sport bike. There is an entire organization dedicated to racing SVs - check out svrider.com. As far as the definition of "beginner" sport bikes, that is all a matter of opinion and rider skill - if you've got the balls, you could call a GSXR-1000 a beginner bike

I bought one of the first SV650's around, back in March of '99, and loved that bike. It did everything well, really. While it was a naked bike, I'd definitely call it a sportbike, or at least a sport/standard. Hell, I don't know. Labels are stupid anyways. I used to ride with some Harley guys that called it a "fu**in' crotch rocket", if that helps :D

Have another naked SV now. Wreck one, buy a faster one to replace it (SV1000) :D

[if you've got the balls, you could call a GSXR-1000 a beginner bike [/B][/QUOTE]

As a matter of fact I have three riding buddies that have never ridin a street bike before,,,,,one bought an 04 CBR 1000rr and the other bought an 04 R1 and the other bought an 04 gixxer 750.

So in a way you are right,,,any bike can be a beginner bike. Just don't twist the throttle too hard! :D

Then again I ride with two guys that have Katanas one 600 and the other 750 any they love them,,,,it's all a matter of opinion.

I believe the SV and alike bikes are considered "Naked Bikes" or Sport Touring class. As far as racing SV's thats cool,,hell I recently saw on the speed channel were there is an orginization in the south that races suped up riding lawnmowers,,,does that make them a nascar?:confused:

As a matter of fact I have three riding buddies that have never ridin a street bike before,,,,,one bought an 04 CBR 1000rr and the other bought an 04 R1 and the other bought an 04 gixxer 750.

hell I recently saw on the speed channel were there is an orginization in the south that races suped up riding lawnmowers,,,does that make them a nascar?:confused: [/B][/QUOTE]

Not knocking your buddies, but they either have big balls or no brains starting out on liter bikes. To each his own :eek:

As for the lawnmowers, guess you could call them nascutters:D

Originally posted by gnturboray
and yes the F4i (not the 600rr) along with the Yami YZF600r (not the R6) the Kawi ZZR600 (not the ZX6r or ZX6rr) and the Suzi Katana 600 (not the GSXR 600) are all considered beginner sport bikes.

How in the world can an F4i be considered a "beginner" sport bike, but an R6 or GSXR aren't?

When I had my F4i, I rode all of the other 600's and found very little difference in power, handling, or ride. The only difference I could really feel was that each bike "fit" a different size person.
Hell, my F4i would hang with a 929 fairly well....

That sounds high for a bike that old with that many miles. There is a big difference in the older carbureted bikes and the newer fuel injected bikes. You should be able to pick up an 02 F4i for around $4000 with substantially less mileage.