Any good hyd roller lifters other than clicky Comps?

Motor is finally running. My Johnson lifters sound like just like my friends cars with morrel or comp lifters. Not noticibly quiter

johnson makes comp lifters so that makes sense, lifter preload has more to do with noise than anything, most guys just don't have enough

How can we run lifters with link bars flying around,that keep them from rotating,and expect them to be quiet?

Mine aren't bad at all. I've only got maybe 50 miles on my new motor and have break in 30w in it. Maybe they will be even quieter with 40w? Mike, my brother and I are keeping you very busy at your shop. Only thing we have left to order is a couple of your Revolution X converters.

How can we run lifters with link bars flying around,that keep them from rotating,and expect them to be quiet?
I have a question about the lifters

other than that diameter and the shrouded roller.
Is there anything specific to the Buick roller lifter?

I was thinking of contacting Howard’s cams to see if I can get some matched up.

As I remember, This was a lifter that Morrel already had in production on other engines. Only the link bar had to be changed to account for the Buick's lifter bore spacing.

I believe that Morrel makes the hydraulic roller lifters for Howard's

And for the record, set #1 is still running strong and quiet in my engine after all these years. :)

Mike B.

As I remember, This was a lifter that Morrel already had in production on other engines. Only the link bar had to be changed to account for the Buick's lifter bore spacing.

I believe that Morrel makes the hydraulic roller lifters for Howard's

And for the record, set #1 is still running strong and quiet in my engine after all these years. :)

Mike B.
Long night reading your sticky.

I’ll check with TA performance part number
TA V1412 correct?

I’m also going to have the lifter bores checked .
As mentioned by bison

Anything else I should have checked?

the Buick lifter is specific to the Buick, The oil hole is in a different spot, other than that it is like a small block chevy, the small block Chevy lifter can be used but you are limited on the lift or the oil hole come out of the top of the lifter bore. The Morel is a great lifter, Johnson has some nice lifters to for the Buick.

the Buick lifter is specific to the Buick, The oil hole is in a different spot, other than that it is like a small block chevy, the small block Chevy lifter can be used but you are limited on the lift or the oil hole come out of the top of the lifter bore. The Morel is a great lifter, Johnson has some nice lifters to for the Buick.
After reading this sticky
I’m going with Morel or Johnson lifter.
I have a place for Morel to get prices on any other place I should check?

1520484991227-1299051273.jpg
Got these in

Seems like everybody has had some kind of failure with every type of lifter.
I'll stick with my morel lifter.

I do have a question though.
If the box says do not run oil heavier than 5w 40.
Why are people ruining different oil?

Seems like there's a lot of guys out there running 15 30 or 20 50