Any down sides of having a Chrome or Polished Turbo Compressor Housing?

Mike Swentzel

I would love any input, so I want to either polish or chrome my compressor and besides the looks is there any discoloration to the chrome or polished look bc of the heat it draws or make my engine bay even hotter?

Having it chromed wouldn't work. It'll discolor and eventually flake off. Polishing is the way to go if you want the blang.

Easiest way would be to completely disassemble it, mask off the innards, and send it off to one of those places that can toss it in that big bucket of moving rocks they use to polish goofy shaped things. Doing it by hand with a dremel would take forever.

Having it chromed wouldn't work. It'll discolor and eventually flake off. Polishing is the way to go if you want the blang.

Easiest way would be to completely disassemble it, mask off the innards, and send it off to one of those places that can toss it in that big bucket of moving rocks they use to polish goofy shaped things. Doing it by hand with a dremel would take forever.

I would love any input, so I want to either polish or chrome my compressor and besides the looks is there any discoloration to the chrome or polished look bc of the heat it draws or make my engine bay even hotter?
Polished cover looks great and lasts.
Turbo gets way too hot for chrome