Any Conceal Carry Guys here and your favorite carry

Turbo Keith

TURBO KEITH
I have the Smith and Wesson Shield , both the 9 and 45 . I'm a skinny guy and 6'1 . I carry above my rear right pocket and both work great . What you guys carry ? I bought the Glock 43 but was not safe with carrying in a soft holster . I like a thumb safety .

I carry the s&w shield as well in 9mm. Great gun! I also carry an LCP 2. I wanted something small and skinny because I do physical work and can't have something too bulky. Glock 43 is a nice piece

Glock 27/ .40 here. Too bulky to suit me. Also have that "sketchy feeling", w/ the safety system.
Also have a Colt Trooper, .357... Waay too big.
My Colt det spl is too nice/expensive to carry.
Looking for a .380, that is a true compact piece. Suggestions?

Springfield XD 45
Glock 19
Springfield XDS 45

I want to try a hi-capacity, compact S&W M&P though... I love my XD but it’s pretty bulky and wife’s XDS isn’t as comfortable as my XD compact. Glock 19 is always ok but still not really compact.
Maybe I’ll try one of my brothers Shields....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:
Glock 27/ .40 here. Too bulky to suit me. Also have that "sketchy feeling", w/ the safety system.

The Ruger .380 seems very popular.

Try the Smith and Wesson Bodyguard

I love my 2 Shields , single stack but both conceals very well , I'm a skinny guy so I had to shop around to find a holster that fits .

My daily carry is a NAA .22mag with the folding grip. When I'm doing my security job I wear a Sig P232 in .380. Both weapons are loaded with Hornady Critical Defense rounds.

Thanks for the replies! headed to the gun dlr this weekend.
This will serve as my "duty weapon"..... It's my duty to do my best, to stay alive, and be able to spend another day, working on my toys!

We're trying to get constitutional carry, here in GA. Not a big deal to get a permit, but it does have limitations.
I prefer to carry concealed, and not advertise myself as a threat, to some asshole that desperately needs a lead injection.;)

Thanks for the replies! headed to the gun dlr this weekend.
This will serve as my "duty weapon"..... It's my duty to do my best, to stay alive, and be able to spend another day, working on my toys!

We're trying to get constitutional carry, here in GA. Not a big deal to get a permit, but it does have limitations.
I prefer to carry concealed, and not advertise myself as a threat, to some asshole that desperately needs a lead injection.;)
Did you buy a gun ?

One thing to keep in mind, and this sounds like a non-issue, if you ever have to use your weapon it will be confiscated. The law will take the firearm and keep it until or if you are declared innocent. That might take a year or more in the mean time your weapon is rusting away. A very good friend is on trial now for negligent use of a firearm resulting in death. This man has been a hunter safety instructor for 40+ yrs. No proof that it was his bullet that killed the 13 yr old kid that he was teaching to hunt. There was one witness , another 13yr. old boy that got on the stand today and changed his sworn testamony. The cop that is the main investigator has outright lied about the case and it looks like my friend ,who is not guilty of anything other than turning at risk youth into productive citizens, will be spending the next few years in prison. Sorry about stealing this thread, just needed to vent.

One thing to keep in mind, and this sounds like a non-issue, if you ever have to use your weapon it will be confiscated. The law will take the firearm and keep it until or if you are declared innocent. That might take a year or more in the mean time your weapon is rusting away. A very good friend is on trial now for negligent use of a firearm resulting in death. This man has been a hunter safety instructor for 40+ yrs. No proof that it was his bullet that killed the 13 yr old kid that he was teaching to hunt. There was one witness , another 13yr. old boy that got on the stand today and changed his sworn testamony. The cop that is the main investigator has outright lied about the case and it looks like my friend ,who is not guilty of anything other than turning at risk youth into productive citizens, will be spending the next few years in prison. Sorry about stealing this thread, just needed to vent.
Man I'm so sorry to hear this , but sad to say its the world we live in . Something happens and everyone wants to cover there ass . Today we had an " Active Shooter " class at work and how to deal with that if it ever happens . And your right about if you have to use your firearm in self defense you may never see it again and I'm OK with that , at least I'm alive to buy another one . I carry 24-7 . At work I can not but every where else I do , NOT to be a bad ass but to protect the people I love .

1. Springfield XDS 45 with Overwatch Precision BRZ trigger
2. Springfield XD Mod 2 9mm
3. Smith and Wesson M&P Shield Performance Center 9mm
4. Smith and Wesson M&P Bodyguard .380 with Crimson Trace green laser

#4 is always on me , 1 through 3 are rotated as my primary carry.

Bryan

Not a fan of the .380 ACP ballistics...

Depending on my attire and plans for the day, I carry either a G43 in a Veil Solutions Ghost holster or a CZ p10c in a Veil Solutions Apex holster. Both are carried appendix IWB, and I also always carry a spare magazine.

K.

I don't care how close you are, the idea is to incapacitate as quickly as possible, and the .380 ACP is mediocre at best for that. Add the fact that there are too many 9mm caliber handguns that are sized competitively, there really isn't a need for anything of lesser capabilities... JMHO, YMMV...

And... .380 ACP ammunition is more expensive too! That should be strike -3 right there.

K.