Any CNC Items We All Need Made? Helping A Friend Shop That Moved

It would be easy to design and mill.

I reached out to the guy, lets see what happens.......

I remember Turbofabricator, did my fuel sending unit to an hose fittings. If he doesn't do it maybe there's a possible need there.

I'll need some of these other items to send the guy or he get in here and have you send him items.

CK still makes the billet forward drum and input shaft, and those prices seem very fair.

Can't find billet planetaries for the 200-4r, might be a case of no demand if they don't really break and no one offers them. Monster Transmission offers a ton of parts but didn't seem to be billet or 4340 etc.

Trans Pan, that seems practical if nothing is available. Make the flange then either make the pan a separate piece or fabricate from a pro.

CK still makes the billet forward drum and input shaft, and those prices seem very fair.

Can't find billet planetaries for the 200-4r, might be a case of no demand if they don't really break and no one offers them. Monster Transmission offers a ton of parts but didn't seem to be billet or 4340 etc.

Trans Pan, that seems practical if nothing is available. Make the flange then either make the pan a separate piece or fabricate from a pro.
Have you contacted dave husek?

Now if you have a printer this would be a nice item to make. It's from Steve V's facebook post. A cover for GN ECU that acts as a mounting bracket. Nice clean cuts and maybe a few vent holes would be a real nice item for guys going with that ecu.

1673708185327.png

CK may make it but they don’t have it.

I'll contact Dave and see if he wants to team up with my buddy, great idea. If Dave thinks there's a market my CNC friend is like 30% cheaper than before so I'm sure the numbers can be good for both.

My buddy has a 3D printer, but the issue with all this is getting the part first to CAD and then make from there.

The ecu cover would be the easiest to design. You should contact Steve V. I'm sure he could give you the exact measurements of the GN ECU. From there it's a breeze.

So I'm sending him my ported heads and intake, sounds like he's gonna offer this for us after seeing mine.

I'll probably want a stock TBs since Steve isn't doing them anymore. 65mm I think he was porting them too correct?

So I'm sending him my ported heads and intake, sounds like he's gonna offer this for us after seeing mine.

I'll probably want a stock TBs since Steve isn't doing them anymore. 65mm I think he was porting them too correct?

It seems he opened the throttle body to 62mm and with the half shaft mod it flowed the same as a 64mm or 65mm.

Oh ya that's it 62mm, he did my Talon as far as he could go like 65.5mm and half shaft mod, great value.

I'll contact Steve, I got him into the Talons, maybe he'll pass along some porting secrets.

I second the trans parts. To my knowledge there is really only 1 person making those parts and stock is limited. I am considering making them personally as well. The forward and direct drums require that you use the original parts then cut out and weld in a stronger section which addresses the splines/shaft weakness. The stock output shaft can be duplicated as it is a weak component as well. It tends to snap where the shaft is tuned down.

Dual fan mounting brackets would be nice.

Throttle body repair service too.

I'm sure there are many other items we can use. :)

What equipment did your friend retain? This is kind of a nitch market. Tough to make money at it. Many of us have been fabricating parts for years to keep our cars going and or improve overall drivability. I hope you all come up with some excellent new products for us!!!
I make a mounting bracket for the Intrepid fans. It holds the fans up in the radiator so the top is held in place by the factory tabs on the radiator top plate. I sell them direct on eBay and thru Kirbans and GBody.

I make a mounting bracket for the Intrepid fans. It holds the fans up in the radiator so the top is held in place by the factory tabs on the radiator top plate. I sell them direct on eBay and thru Kirbans and GBody.
Awesome!! Wish I would have known that before I made my own. Happy with how they turned out but a lot of hours on a mill. Cut some and test fit then repeat:)

Better flowing/design plenums, stock location intercooler necks, end tanks for aftermarket cores, shifter handles, billet fuel pump senders,
deep trans pans and pick-ups...

This 100%. There are so many designs that people used to use "in secret" that the world has never seen.

I just shipped my ported heads and ported intake to him today to scan. Throttle bodies and possibly other items I'd need to get my hands on to send him for us.

Billet shifter handles will be easy, just need a stock one to send him.

Trans Pan is only partially practical, we can make the thicker trans flange but the rest is really Fabrication, a fab guy I know could complete that part but again, need the pan first.

Dutt neck, this still made?