Any CNC Items We All Need Made? Helping A Friend Shop That Moved

GNVYUS 1

Not sure how these topics work on the board but here we go...

Friend owns a CNC shop, just moved and downsized massively. He's an engineer in business over 15 years and took a few CNC machines with him.

He's looking for new items to make vs just commercial or whatever he does. LOL

What do we need, GN items old or new etc?

He made me aluminum bumper shims that I use on my carbon fiber Spoolfool bumpers, factory size and a hair bigger. Makes Vette body spacers I guess because the cars are hard to put on lifts or whatever.

I'll probably fund the good stuff and pass on his info to potential things.

What do we need, trans, engine, body etc?
Thanks, just helping a friend, not looking to steal etc already made items from vendors.

Maybe a better looking stock style fuel rail?

Champions don't fit stock style intakes correctly. (At least mine didn't)

Better flowing/design plenums, stock location intercooler necks, end tanks for aftermarket cores, shifter handles, billet fuel pump senders,
deep trans pans and pick-ups...

Billet wheel spacers.
The Ho Chi stuff is cheap pot metal looking crap that cracks.
Billet steering wheel center caps.
Lots of LS based "stuff"... No Buick vendor issues.

Billet wheel spacers.
The Ho Chi stuff is cheap pot metal looking crap that cracks.
Billet steering wheel center caps.
Lots of LS based "stuff"... No Buick vendor issues.
Like this one?

Damned if I can remember where I got it.

LOL

Attachments

• billet horn ring.jpg
    billet horn ring.jpg
    656.2 KB · Views: 56
Cruz makes a nice set for $185. Bolts and hardware included.
The stock one flows well enough to go 9's. Both the Champion and Cruz parts are two piece.

I'm talking about a single piece item, like the stock one. Just one that looks better. Maybe polished aluminum.......

Yeah, I bought that, too.

Like it, not so much.......

Wanna buy it? :)
I would have if I knew you had one.

I will tell you this, I am running E85 on older Champion rails and I am leaning out at 15 psi. 160 pph injectors. DW 400 on a billet fuel hanger with the hot wire off the alternator.

I have a -8 feed line on the front of both rails and a loop in the back. Stock location regulator with a -6 line out of it to the external regulator and then back to the tank.

I'm told this is my problem, so Im going to the Cruz rails with -8 feeds in the front and separate -6 returns out of the back of each rail to the external regulator.

I can run air to the regulator and it will jump to 120 psi and hold it so I know the regulator is good. I had to increase base pressure to 50 psi to get the motor to idle. But if im at 50 psi at idle how am I going lean at 15 psi???

This thing has me scratching my head and walking away from it before I shoot it. Alcohol has been required........

I have a -8 feed line on the front of both rails and a loop in the back. Stock location regulator with a -6 line out of it to the external regulator and then back to the tank.
Agree!
Ditch that combo. Plug the original regulator hole. T into the rear x over and then to the external reg.

I second the trans parts. To my knowledge there is really only 1 person making those parts and stock is limited. I am considering making them personally as well. The forward and direct drums require that you use the original parts then cut out and weld in a stronger section which addresses the splines/shaft weakness. The stock output shaft can be duplicated as it is a weak component as well. It tends to snap where the shaft is tuned down.

Dual fan mounting brackets would be nice.

Throttle body repair service too.

I'm sure there are many other items we can use. :)

What equipment did your friend retain? This is kind of a nitch market. Tough to make money at it. Many of us have been fabricating parts for years to keep our cars going and or improve overall drivability. I hope you all come up with some excellent new products for us!!!

I second the plug for stock fuel rail.

Throttle body repair and modification would be wonderful.

Good ideas, I'll have to start with the just practical and then build from there.

Wheel spacers
Seems easy, what sizes and where can I get one to start with? I'll assume good quality aluminum is fine. For by Talon i got them on ebay which means China made but it was metric sizing.

Horn ring seems really easy but isn't Mark making that etc?
Not looking to step on GN bro toes unless it's a poor quality part that can be improved on.

Trans items, well this I can get on board with. I'm doing this for my Talon so I'm already in this world, 4340 trans pump hub spline, input shaft, rear drum, maybe planetaries etc.

I think I have an old finned trans pan from Art Carr? But I'll assume no one offers these for us? This might be more Fabrication than CNC though. CNC the flange and Fabrication for tank.

Radiator bracket for duals? I thought this was bolt on for RAM fans aka Intrepid fans?

Fuel rails through Cruz are nice, but what the stock aspect means is the regulator hole correct? The regulators having a nut at the o ring is the issue, it leaks from getting squeezed. This might be a tough sell since I hated mine.