Anti-perspirant deodorant burns

2QUIK6

Turbo Milk Jug displacmnt
I switched deodorant yesterday morning and by night my under arms were burning. Burned and itched all day at a client site and got back to my hotel to find I've got blisters now all under my arms. I'm kind of freakin out as I'm out of town. I've had them burn before after switching but it went away after a day and never blistered like this. I feel fine, just uncomfortable under the arms.
It was Right Guard Sport stick, was using RG gel with no probs before and I try not to use any with aluminum in it, which means it usually has polypropylene instead...

Anyone had this experience before as its not pleasant and may make me not want to use any again.

Never had blistering - that's gotta hurt. Certain products burn so I stay away from them but I never investigated as to what ingredient causes the irritation. I'm pretty sure they all say if it causes burning or a rash to discontinue use - as if they need to point that out. Why would you continue using the stuff if your pits were on fire?

I settled on a Right Guard product that doesn't burn, too, though I can't recall what it is.

Jim

It's quite possible that your body had a "tolerance" for the type of anti-perspirant that you've been using all along.

All a/p's are pretty much made with the same ingredients depending on which type they are. I make all three types in my profession under the Arm & Hammer UltraMax and Arrid Extra Dry brands.

Solid stick = wax and silicone based with powdered Aluminum Zirconium.
Gel = alcohol and silicone based with liquid Al/Zr.
Roll-on / Aerosol Spray = Silicone and clay with powdered Aluminum Chlorohyrate.

Anti-perspirants contain Aluminum which prevents wetness by constricting the pores thus forming a barrier if you will.

Deodorants do not contain Aluminum because they just mask the odors from the armpits.

Usually if a reaction occurs it is from the alcohol-based gels, not the stick-type.

I'll check with our chemist and find out what may have caused such a bad reaction.

Same thing happened to me. I cannot use any gel type deodorant. I use the rightguard white sports deadorant. The one that goes on powdery white.

I had the same problem for years until I discovered that I had been using the ol'ladys hairspray, the cans where the same color, and I don't like to read labels, takes to much time.

You are allergic to:

Aluminum chloride
Aluminum zirconium tricholorohydrex glycine
Aluminum chlorohydrate
Aluminum hydroxybromide c to alluminum Sulfate/dioxide.

If you use deoderant and switch to antiperspirant, your symptoms can occur.

Antiperspirant = epoxy.

Try Old Spice classic deodorant stick - original scent - 3.25 ounces. You'll never go back to that glue...

strike

Thanks for the replies. Today was much better, still blistered but not near as irritating. This was a clear stick, and it was "Sports" which I found out contains a higher consentration of chemicals. I've used it before a few years ago, but used the gel stuff for the last year or so, not sure exactly what brand of RG it was, don't have it with me... But after this, I think I'll carefully buy next time or switch to just deodorant, chemicals that can do this to you can't be good for you.

No its not!!!! My breath doesnt smell like dirty ass:p

Friday is test day.Give me a call

I switched deodorant yesterday morning and by night my under arms were burning. Burned and itched all day at a client site and got back to my hotel to find I've got blisters now all under my arms. I'm kind of freakin out as I'm out of town. I've had them burn before after switching but it went away after a day and never blistered like this. I feel fine, just uncomfortable under the arms.
It was Right Guard Sport stick, was using RG gel with no probs before and I try not to use any with aluminum in it, which means it usually has polypropylene instead...

Anyone had this experience before as its not pleasant and may make me not want to use any again.
It happened to me also when i play criciket. Then i found sport deodorant which suited me best, you should also try that. More info can be found at https://www.deodorant-reviews.com/best-sports-deodorants/