Antenna removal

PaulRV6

Where do I disconnect the antenna wire from to give me enough room to pull the antenna down and out of fender? In the back of radio or some other place. Thanks

Right, I got that but is there enough cable to lower the antenna out the fender to remove the two screws? Or do I have to give the cable more slack from somewhere? Thanks

The power wires and connector can be disconnected under the hood above the wheel well. (By the antenna area.) I believe its a three wire connector. You should be able to see more if you look from under the hood into that area in the back of the inner wheel well and fender .

Right, I got that but is there enough cable to lower the antenna out the fender to remove the two screws? Or do I have to give the cable more slack from somewhere? Thanks
It has been 6 years. I used Kirbans book. Unbolt antenna and drop in down through lower fender. Then unscrew the cable from the antenna

Ok so there is enough cable to be able to lower the antenna housing down enough to get at the antenna wire screws? Or do I have to loosen or disconnect the antenna cable from above first? Thanks

I disconnected the power connector first from inside the engine compartment. Attached a string to that antenna connector to hel fish it back up into the right place after installing the new/repaired unit.
Then drop the antenna down and remove the coax cable like the above members stated.
FYI: Be careful opening the door during this operation. When removing some of the fender bolts, (from the underside and in door jam.) The fender may hit the door edge. (Also, tape a small piece of cardboard to the outside of the door when working on the bolt in the door jam.) You'll see what I'm talking about once you get started.

Ok so there is enough cable to be able to lower the antenna housing down enough to get at the antenna wire screws? Or do I have to loosen or disconnect the antenna cable from above first? Thanks
Yes there is enough cable to lower it which gives you access to screws.