Another VDO GNX Style Dash w Electric speedo issue

I checked the vdo setup in my car and the difference is the vss sender is 2 wires and 3 wires.
I have the red vss wire butted to the green and red wire on my buffer.
The new dash is 3 wire sender.
You basically need 2 VSS’s to make everything work. The 3 wire one for the speedo is an 8 or 16 pulse VSS. One wire is power, one ground and one is signal. You need a 2 pulse, 2 wire VSS if you want the cruise control and TCC to work.

FB28E738-4CF4-4ABE-A4AF-8ED1B81D2131.jpegEAC4F743-FCBF-4200-A0F1-1FF6B9460D3D.pngD3DA6748-8817-4A73-BE94-C3C02223819A.jpeg Here are some examples of 2 VSS’s piggy backed. The yellow one is the 2 pulse 2 wire one for the cruise control and ECM, the others are the 3 wire ones for the speedo. I’m pretty sure all the programmable speedo’s are pretty much the same. https://jagsthatrun.com/products/speed-sensor-place-holder-4pac

I only have the 2 pulse now since I went to a GPS sender for the speedo. It was very easy to program and is extremely smooth and accurate. The downside is it sometimes takes a couple of minutes to acquire a signal and it gets weird going under bridges or tunnels. The cruise control is un affected since it uses the VSS.

Last edited: