Another Rental @ Atco

HERBIEEE,
I really didn't think it was funny:D J/k.The rental in may was bad cause a guy on the GSCA B/B did a heavy holshot & john got a new butt given to him:p But if you want I'll tell them where you live & work & school. Well i hope SOME B/B members come down.......Jim

Guys, one thing to keep in mind, PARTICULARLY for the spectators, most rentals, unless an ADDITIONAL fee is paid, there is onlt ONE (1) lane allowed to be used, no racing a buddy, AND there is usually NO lights, ONLY TIME SLIPS given out, makes it pretty boring for spectators!! Plus $125.00 is outragous, we last rented out Atco, granted this was in '98, but it was a Saturday from 9-4 with BOTH lanes, lights, Gas availabe, snack bar open, for $50.00 per car!! ANYONE in the general Phila/NJ area remembers MOMS GN Rentals!!!

Brian....I am sorry, but you are wrong.

I was at their last rental and they had BOTH lanes, Lights, and VHT down.

I remember this well because they had many "fun" races. They ran their tow Vehicles (E150 Vs F250) and their were many other Buddy races.

I had a ball last time I went...when I wasnt hanging out with Jim, or making fun of Rob (Behind his back) I was up watching them run.

About the price....don't be concerned with it if you are not going to pay to race....Just come out and have fun.

Herb,

I stated "Most" Rentals, as I certainly wasn't at the last rental by the folks holding this one! If they have all that, then $125.00 is apparantly not that bad of a price nowadays(2 years ago it was OUTRAGOUS).
Also, what a LOT of guys do, myself included, is go to the rental as a spectator, wait for the first guy whose car breaks (every rental has at least 1, if not a couple car that go down) and give him $20.00 for his number (remember all OUR Atco rentals were $50.00) and race all the rest of the day, just a huge money saving tip!!

Brian,
Why don't you call me or E me .I'll be more than happy to explain EVERYTHING to you.Since you live so close to atco stop by & talk to joe & i'm sure he will tell you about all the changes. Also the reason is that people would pay there price (1000$) & bring 60 to 70 cars. Thats why they got a limit. Listen If you wanna come down & wait till a car breaks fine by me just be ready to eat cause ROB is bringing the food.............Jim

BTW: Every rental that I have gone to they used both lanes.Maybe It may be CHEAPER if you only used 1 lane & thats why MOM G/N could charge that 50$.Just a thought..........Jim

Jim,

Thanks for clearing that up, when I heard that Joe (Atco's owner) wanted to basically make it tougher on people financially by putting a cap on the amount of people allowed-in during a rental, there-by driving-up the cost per participant ($1000 or so divided by the number of paticipants) & also not have ANY rentals on week-ends anymore, I thought that was a little unfair!
I'm sure most people would rather pay $50.00 than $125.00 but, oh well.....Thanks Jim, I'll try to make it!!!!

Yea come down, im sure Mr. Buff won't last too long before he breaks. Hey Jim, dont forget the food.

Rob

Well hello "SUPERMARKET BOY".All I know is that durango BETTER be loaded with FOOD;) .Well did you get it together??.Look I'll Tell you what I'll bring down the drinks (non Alky) & you bring the food.Dont forget the low fat for Mister BUFF.I hope all you have is GOOD news ...............Jim

Yea Brian...come down..we can talk trash IC vs Hot-Air and then do Burnouts to make Jim look like a bum! :)

As for Mr. Buff....tell him to fix that damn truck latch..I got tired of having to get it to line up perfectly...and also Rob...before you race..CLOSE YOUR DAMN DOOR

(for all of you who dont know Jim and I were going to watch Rob go run Mr. Buffs TTA, and as he was going to the staging lanes his door is WIDE open, and Rob sure enough was just driving along like nothing was wrong. Must have been the Hot-dogs!)

Lets hope this time that no Jet-cars show up, and then crash into the wall.

Well I got all the other problems on my car worked out but I just ran into another one. It seems that the shaft in my timing chain cover for the oil pump gear is too tight. The gear will not free slide up and down the shaft.

Rob

Well is there anyone else who wants to go??????Gotta know by sept 1st.
Thanks............................. JIM

Bring your appetite fellows, because Jim can cook one hell of a hot dog.

Rob

Alrighty then.......I need the money sent to me by the end of the week....So if you wanna race send it. If you wanna hang out feel free cause rob is LOADING UP THE DURANGO WITH FOOD ( free by the way) & he got his 3ft chefs hat & he is taking orders........Jim

Guys,
There is 2 spots open till sunday....E mail me or call new cell # 203.253.5139.
Thanks ..................Jim

Unfortunately I will no longer be racing that day because I had to pull my brand new engine because of a deck clearance problem.
But you never know, maybe I could get it back together soon........We'll see......

Rob

HEY!! I thought the rental was the 14th and was a TOTAL rainout! What happened, did they give you guys a rain date?????

Old gray II,
No back in the beginning they (atco) double booked that day:mad: & didn't tell us till 1 1/2 weeks later.....So we got the 11 of oct......Rob, hope all is well & you get the car running ASAP.......Jim

can anyone show up and just spectate? i'm at Atco sometimes(grew up like 15 minutes from it) and now i live in philly...i won't be racing...but i'd love to watch you guys...and meet some of ya's since i'll be HOPEFULLY dropping a turbo 3.8 into my GTA this upcoming spring...

Well..this is coming up soon..and who is going?

I should be there from 11-12, but if not I will be there around 3 (damn school)

Fly89gta....come and just hang out..I am too cheap to race, but I still manage to have a good time watching some good runs!

so everyone Sign in!