another red's chips thread

usetaboost

SAY CAR RAMROD!!
Just bought a modded ecm, 55lb 3102 injectors, and got one race and one street chip. I'm running alky for now, which chip would be best to go with? The race chip is set for 20psi, 170 fan turn on, and high timing. The street is 93 octane, 17 psi. The street chip has a R93H, F9 in the top, and 57 on the bottom. I have no idea what the F9 means. THe race chip has R106H in middle, f9 on the top, and 3,4 and 5,7 on the bottom.

From what I know Reds chips are not adjustable, am I wrong? If I need to make adjustments, can I make them through my translator+? I don't plan on running these chips forever, just wanna know if I can run them til I get a TT chip reburned.

Yes, you're correct, Reds chips are NOT adjustable. And the changes available for you to use in your Translator + will be limited to the BASE MAF adjustment. They are not designed to take advantage of the WOT MAF and Timing adjustments in the T +. You can run the run the Reds chips, but you'll be stuck with what they are.

from my experience in the past, reds chips are good,they have alot of fuel in them. if you run the race chip better crank it up or it will drown in fuel. and mine were not adjustable like TT

They will be rich with alky. Chips that use the stock 255 gr/sec are not universal unless the combo is the same. The injector size isn't the only factor. Do yourself a favor and get a chip for your combo. Otherwise you will have a turd. I cringe everytime a see a chip for sale, TT chip for 42.5 injectors, etc. No wonder there are 10 sec parts running 12's. A Bob Bailey extender chip that reads the extra airflow with a translator can be used more universal.