another newb... howzit?

x96283

Well not really! Returning to Oahu after a 10+ yr absence. I'll have my GN in mid-May and will be looking for meets/ cruises. Haven't really been there ever since HRP closed, so what's a guy to do on Saturday night nowadays?

See ya
--Matt

unless you're on an outer island (Kauai, Maui, big island) which have bona-fide drag strips, for Oahu, it's just car cruises: Kapolei, Pearl City, Hawaii Kai, Kaneohe.

yup, slim pickin's.

Yah tough since the track is gone. I went out to a cruise at the Kapolei Wendy's this past Saturday night and that had a pretty good turnout. I'm still ensuring the car is tuned (stockish) as best as possible, so I'm not looking to make a full fledged pass yet anyway!

Heard that Cars and Coffee will kick off again at 0800 this Sunday. Kakaako Park, Piano Lot.

Been hitting a few cruises and working on the car during free time. Seen one GN cruise by me in Haleiwa... but I was standing on the side of the road and not in my car!

Managed to knock out a few things on the punch list yesterday:
Front frame connectors
Casper's FP hotwire
Billet adj FPR
RJC plate
Heated O2 sensor
Volt booster

Next up:
change tsat and do a coolant flush (finally got some RMI-25 too). Need to order new coolant outlet neck just in case lol
Should have hoses to do my FP gauge on Sunday and boost gauge is in the mail.
Finding a soldering gun to wire in audible knock detector kit

Still looking:
Replace Powermaster... anyone have a lead on a complete vac brake conversion? It's either find a kit/ parts (especially the pedal) locally or order Hydroboost parts from OReilly's.

i went with the vacuum setup, this was when Greg used to work at Schuman Carriage (the olden days), he had the whole parts list for converting GN's to vac brakes, and got the GM parts to "enthusiasts" at a VERY steep discount, closest thing to a "kit". i guess this was before hydroboost was invented... if you're ordering parts, you should consider RockAuto also, they're pretty quick, even for Hawaii.

yup, this doesn't help much...

ha ha good to know stories from back in the day though. never know who you'll run into or what parts they have stashed away.

I tried Rock Auto (as I've used them before for my Ridgeline), but the hydroboost parts I need were discontinued or available only on a return/ repair basis.

I could get the vac items, but that dang pedal is hard to get a hold of. I've got to order a few more misc items so maybe I'll just bite the bullet and ship a complete vac kit too.

i went with the vacuum setup, this was when Greg used to work at Schuman Carriage (the olden days), he had the whole parts list for converting GN's to vac brakes, and got the GM parts to "enthusiasts" at a VERY steep discount, closest thing to a "kit". i guess this was before hydroboost was invented... if you're ordering parts, you should consider RockAuto also, they're pretty quick, even for Hawaii.

yup, this doesn't help much...
Greg (Tako) Good guy!!! He knew his way around parts. He helped me out a lot when I first got my GN. He even got me parts that was NLA. And you're right "VERY steep discount" Where is he now???