another new guy in houston and a cool story

CARPE-BUICK

815-258-6676 for parts
whats up guys im really new to the turbo buick scene, my 87 regal t-type or turbo t (whatever it is) is 2 years younger than i am......so im gonna have some questions for sure along the way.

my story......my TR was given to me.....yup free-ninty-free, i work at southwest land rover a momentum store owned by sonic automotive. any way sonic has these big yearly tour meetings called carpe diem. the tour is for all the bigwigs to tell us how the company we work for is doing and to give us some more motivation for the next year to come and projected goals. our executive vice president of operations, jeff dyke, was asking all of us if we bought a vehicle in the last year, and if we did, did we buy from a sonic owned store. our shop saw two buicks roll through for work and state inspections, an 87 GN, and the 87 TR, both bought in the last year by jeff dyke. so, i called jeff out and asked him where he bought his two "new" toys. he got them at a sonic dealer in california. i told him i was interested in his TR, we played "lets make a deal" in this bigwig carpe-diem meeting in front of an audience of maybe 200 people and the end result is he said "what if i gave you the car?" i responded with a typical 26 year old male answer of "that would be sweet!" then you could hear a pin drop after jeff said "you can have it, i'm giving it to you. i hope you enjoy that car!" and at this point i had a shocked look on my face and said a choked up "excuse me? what?"

the end result is the controller, g.m., and f&i offices are getting the papers done and transferring my title to me. im floored and i still dont know what to do with a TR, the previous owner repainted it to 1996 monte carlo ss maroon and took the vin sticker off the dash and removed the tag from the door. the trunk lid sticker was painted around and is now semi sealed on the edges with the paint, and i dont know where to get a replacement vin sticker and vin tag in the drivers door frame.

any advice is good advice thanks in advance. i do have the title and it does match the trunk vin and original white body color it was a california car and is very heavily modded so i think the vin removal may have had to do with an offroad only no emissions race car thing. california is kinda weird about c.a.r.b. and emissions stuff.

charlie

remember to carpe-buick when you have the opportunity:cool:

oh yeah p.s. jeff dyke makes way more money than i do, im just a land rover, range rover tech, so i think its pretty cool he hooked me up with his car, i need a hobby to tinker with and he totally helped me out.

no i have not yet. i would like too, a sales person i work with has family that hangs out with you guys!