Another lock-up ?

It has been years since I have driven a TR with a STOCK l/u convertor. Let's say you are cruising down the parkway with cruise on and you come to a grade. As you climb the grade and load increases the throttle angle also increases to maintain set speed. Does the convertor unlock and if necessary downshift later? Thanks--Lee

Mine unlocks first. Then down shifts, and if traveling slow enough and the throttle angle is enough down two gears(and It has been known to jump to first). This is with the AA vb/gov with some mods to the plate and bigger boost valves and spring to get pressure up and a 245mm lu converter my local guy(shamless plug www.phoenixtrans.com) put together for me. . Been a long time since the stock stuff, I don't remember.

It has been years since I have driven a TR with a STOCK l/u convertor. Let's say you are cruising down the parkway with cruise on and you come to a grade. As you climb the grade and load increases the throttle angle also increases to maintain set speed. Does the convertor unlock and if necessary downshift later? Thanks--Lee
Depends on how fast you are going. If you speed drops below the unlock speed programmed in the chip then it will unlock. If you don't it will stay locked.