Another hybrid wagon

Turbo F-bird

I've been wanting to post pics of my wagon project for a while but figured I'd wait till it was all together and running.

It's a 1982 Cutlass Cruiser with the engine and trans from a totaled 87 Turbo T. The engine has forged Diamond pistons, Comp 206 roller, ported heads and intake, 3" down pipe, John Craig TE60, Julio's alky system, TT chip, Casper's engine harness and a CAS V4.
The trans is a BRF 200 4R with a super servo, Art Carr furnace brazed input drum, kevlar band, Transgo shift kit, Pat's 10" 2800 stall lockup converter and an Art Carr aluminum pan.
The rearend and rear suspension consist of a 85 Olds 442 8.5" posi rear with Richmond 3.42's and Summit aluminum pre-load cover, 1 1/2" Herb Adams sway bar, boxed control arms with urethane bushings and KYB shocks.
The front suspension has S-10 11" dual piston front brakes, gusseted lower control arms with urethane bushings, Bilstein shocks, Moog 8668 coil springs, 36mm hollow sway bar, radiator area frame support bar and F41 frame braces.

The fuel system is a new stock tank with a Comp Engineering sump, SX fuel pump and filter, 42 lb injectors and ATR fuel pressure regulator.

Future upgrades will be black 16" GTA rims (I have them already but I'm digging the sleeper look for now!), aluminum hood, the 78-81 single headlight header panel/bumper, a frame brace for the rear rails, finish the line lock and maybe put in a set of 45/45 Regal Limited seats and a console with lightning Rods. I have all that stuff I'm just debating whether to keep the bench and column shift or not.

Here's some pics and a video a friend of mine took.

YouTube - racebike1's Channel

Attachments

• IMG_0825.jpg
    IMG_0825.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0014.JPG
    IMG_0014.JPG
    43.7 KB · Views: 621
  • IMG_0011.JPG
    IMG_0011.JPG
    50.2 KB · Views: 643
  • IMG_1716.JPG
    IMG_1716.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 635
  • IMG_1691 (2).JPG
    IMG_1691 (2).JPG
    66.7 KB · Views: 692
hello people; That's a nice job and alot of work but you need some sort of hood to give it some muscle. You might want the sleeper look but it needs more. I do remember a local Olds dealership (Berichek spelling might be off in Needham) and they did an old vista cruiser and used the W30 hood,455 ci., and stuff. It was cool.
good work
IBBY

Yeah, Berejik had a nice 72 Vista/442 W-30 wagon but that's not the look I'm after. If it was I'd have built a Hurst Olds or 442 style wagon. If I can graft a turbo Regal hood scoop onto mine nicely I'd do that but I want to keep it low key.

Dan has spoken, it stays as is!! Thanks Dan, LOL. Let me know when you're ready for another wagon in your fleet ;)

hello people; It still needs something it's just to much of a sleeper. I have spoken.
IBBY

hello people; F-bird are you the guy who took my old exhaust I gave away? If so is it on that wagon?
IBBY

well you know my other wagon had a little fire in the dash :eek: Got another puppy and he needs a wagon to complete his junkyard dog image :p

Looks good, nice to see another g-body wagon getting done up. I too like the sleeper look. My 2 wagons are a style of each, sleeper and big hood beater. lol

Looks BOSS! I would leave it pure stock looking and tuck some widen steelies in the rear and cover it up with stock hubcaps. Tru Sleeper!

Wow! I really like that! Very cool. Leave it alone. perfect just like that.
Danny

Thanks! I'm pretty happy with it so far. Let's see what breaks next that kills the happy vibe. So far the driveshaft broke in half on the dyno. Hopefully that's the end!

I'm swapping in 50 lb injectors this weekend and then I'll head back to the dyno and see how I do.