Another dumba$$ comment heard!

groumoutis

Was driving home from the HRPT and was in Bloomington IL. We pulled in to eat at KFC and a guy in a truck pull in behind in the parking lot and said his brother own #551! So I assume he means a GNX not a GN so I told him they only made 547 GNX's. He said his brother owns #551 GN. I just smiled and went on my way.

I think that's his brother's way of playing a joke to make him look stupid in front of everyone. Pretty funny.

Took the car to a cruise-in tonight and had some weirdo come up and talk to me and wouldn't shut up. All his teeth were rotted out and he couldn't hold still! I think he was a meth head. He kept saying that he wanted to make his 1990 turbo Volvo faster!

The one that always gets me when I'm at the gas station someone walking down the street and ask if the cars for sale not to judge a book by its cover but really if they had the money to buy it I don't think they would be walking the neighbor hood were I get the 93 octane is not the nicest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The one that always gets me when I'm at the gas station someone walking down the street and ask if the cars for sale not to judge a book by its cover but really if they had the money to buy it I don't think they would be walking the neighbor hood were I get the 93 octane is not the nicest

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know exactly what you mean. When we were in Norwalk two guys in a beat up Caprice asked me if I wanted to sell the car! If either one of them had the money to buy it they wouldn't be cruising in the beat up ride. The guy started at $15k (which would be enough for me) but knowing he didn't have that kind of cash I said no and let him get in the $20k area and told him he was in the ballpark now. It is so true that these car attract some of the dumbest people.

If either one of them had the money to buy it they wouldn't be cruising in the beat up ride. The guy started at $15k (which would be enough for me) but knowing he didn't have that kind of cash I said no and let him get in the $20k area and told him he was in the ballpark now. It is so true that these car attract some of the dumbest people.
Never say no when someone talks money. The reason I say this is because I've actually see 1 old man walk into a dealership wanting to look at vettes. No one wanted to help him because he looked like dirt warmed over.:eek: The next day he showed up in a brand new vette wearing the same clothes and asked for a salesman. After being refused at one dealer he went to another to buy the car he wanted and rubbed the nose of the manager in it because all of the salesmen/women wouldn't even take a second look at him.:ROFLMAO: He also paid in cash.o_O It was a Bill Heard Chevrolet in nashburg BTW.:p

I've got a neighbor that looks like a dirt poor farmer and he lives in a run down trailer on his grandmothers property. His grandfather bought the right piece of land and she's a millionaire due to oil. These days you really never know what someone's worth so you can never count on the way they look guys.;)

I get kind of an uneasy feeling when strangers stop to talk about the value of my car.

A few years ago i was at a tire shop having tires mounted on some spare rims and this guy came in and made me an offer for the car and i told him no it wasn't for sale. He acted very surprised by that and said you mean you wouldn't take what i just offered you for that car. I told him again it wasn't for sale, but i might consider selling it as a roller for that price. He didn't say anything else and just left. They finished my tires a few minutes later and i didn't waste any time getting away from there,when i need any tire work done i go to a different shop,it wasn't my best choice of neighborhood that i could have chosen that day. I made sure i wasn't followed on my way back home.

Sometimes when people ask questions like that. I can't help to think they are trying to find out what the car is worth,and who knows what they have on their mind.

wow.. GN guys are a paranoid and elitist bunch...
what was it that your parents (hopefully) taught you about judging a book by it's cover? just because someone is walking or driving a beat up hoopty doesn't mean they don't have some cash- Warren Buffet owns and drives around in an 80's Chrysler K car variant- and anyone that wants to talk cars is cool with me as long as i've got the time and they aren't being too much of a jackass..

wow.. GN guys are a paranoid and elitist bunch...
what was it that your parents (hopefully) taught you about judging a book by it's cover? just because someone is walking or driving a beat up hoopty doesn't mean they don't have some cash- Warren Buffet owns and drives around in an 80's Chrysler K car variant- and anyone that wants to talk cars is cool with me as long as i've got the time and they aren't being too much of a jackass..
maybe it wasn't a book by it's cover more like instinct when a guy waking around with his pants falling down hat on sideways spiting rap tunes and selling 20 dollars rocks on the corner sorry my car's not for sale.

When I first got my car on the road in Nov 2012 I went to the gas station for the first time and this guy in an Acura TL asked if it had a 307 with dual flowmasters. Told him to it's just a V6. Looked at me like I was crazy. First show I took it to two weeks later had some idiot come up and ask me why did you paint your GN maroon and put chrome bumpers on it o_O.

When I first got my car on the road in Nov 2012 I went to the gas station for the first time and this guy in an Acura TL asked if it had a 307 with dual flowmasters. Told him to it's just a V6. Looked at me like I was crazy. First show I took it to two weeks later had some idiot come up and ask me why did you paint your GN maroon and put chrome bumpers on it o_O.

well, don't keep us in suspense: why didn't you?

People in society are dumb. The rubes who watch these cars go over the block at auction are worse. I was at a show this last weekend, and an older fella asked me if I would consider selling my car after complimenting me on it. I said if the money was right, I'd consider it, and he says "Would you take $23k?" I said yes, then he walks over and says, "Oh, its an auto. I've been looking for a nice original one with a manual." :banghead:

Then proceeds to tell me about how fast his new Camaro is. I replied, "You should get a GN with an automatic if you think that Camaro is fast!" :whistle:

People in society are dumb. The rubes who watch these cars go over the block at auction are worse. I was at a show this last weekend, and an older fella asked me if I would consider selling my car after complimenting me on it. I said if the money was right, I'd consider it, and he says "Would you take $23k?" I said yes, then he walks over and says, "Oh, its an auto. I've been looking for a nice original one with a manual." :banghead:

Then proceeds to tell me about how fast his new Camaro is. I replied, "You should get a GN with an automatic if you think that Camaro is fast!" :whistle:

he did make a good point: they should have had a manual trans option... plenty of other turbo powered cars have done just fine with a stick, so why not a GN? well, other than GM not having cheap and easy access to a manual trans that wouldn't go kablooie behind the torque at the time- the TPI 350 was too much for the T5, and the 4+3 used in Vettes was on it's way out of production in favor of the expensive and heavy ZF..

he did make a good point: they should have had a manual trans option... plenty of other turbo powered cars have done just fine with a stick, so why not a GN? well, other than GM not having cheap and easy access to a manual trans that wouldn't go kablooie behind the torque at the time- the TPI 350 was too much for the T5, and the 4+3 used in Vettes was on it's way out of production in favor of the expensive and heavy ZF..
It's a Buick. It needs an auto, next thing ya know you will want to not have A/c. Haha
My favorite is when they announce at the track to stop running your A/c as you are dripping condensate at the starting line.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

the AC in my T Type hasn't worked for about 8 years.. car still drives fine, well, it would if the trans wasn't junk- and, yes, i have thought about swapping in a manual of some sort instead of throwing a pile of money at rebuilding the auto..