Another 11 Sec HOTAIR

Wow! That's some awesome times!

Okay, I'll be different and say I love my Hotair car :D

Way to go, Brent. I have some vids of your car. Some of the times are very hard to make out with the dim timing boards. I'll work on posting some for you. I'm sure you don't want the coolant one.

Alright Brent!! Congrats! Glad to see things are coming together. I should have been there along with you and Jamie long time ago but I know Ive been slacking :redface:. I really am tired of working in a small small garage or outside so Im sort of holding out till I can build me a new one and then really be able to knock out these headaches...I mean projects :tongue:. Short block for new setup has been sitting completed on stand for awhile now and heads and other bolt-ons in the basement :rolleyes:.

Keep us posted.

Dude I knew you were there. Once Ms. Jamie hit her times, I knew as soon as you got back to the States, you were going to push it. Once you start tuning, I think on a GOOD cold day and 30 lbs of Boost, you should hit that MAGICAL 10.99. My car is in Winter Hibernation right now so all I can do is plan for 08. I am going to see how far can I go HOT. I really want to see what is a intercooler worth. This is why I will be using a 87 intake and turbo mounted in stock 85 position. Congrads:D

combo is a few bolt ons :eek: this was on C16 and 22 psi of boost with 19 deg of timing. im still working out a false knock issue in a certin area and im running C16 till i figure it out. i did not tweak the tune at all. A/f was in the 9's :eek: ............

Very nice!

Way to go, Brent. I have some vids of your car. Some of the times are very hard to make out with the dim timing boards. I'll work on posting some for you. I'm sure you don't want the coolant one.

LoL wasnt sure what happend on that pass. Stupid Car. Over Flow bottle that comes with the alky kit lid came off and a splash of RMI and water came out and got on my tires. that wasnt pretty. anyways better to be safe then sorry.

Brent great job on the 11's. We just pulled the motor out this past weekend and will just re ring it and have to get the headers welded yet again. I even had a leak on the driver's side this time. You must be real happy, I know how much fun it is to get that time slip. How many times did you make it to the track? What were the temps? The most timing I run on my car is 25 degrees and it seems to run will great there. 9's are very rich, lean it out and you should be fine. (heck I only put 100 miles on a fresh motor before racing as long as there's no metal anywhere you should be good to go) Were you running stock axle's? That was one of my first upgrades. Did see a couple folks snap those this year not fun watching their tires go past them on the track.

Great job,
Jamie

jamie i will post my time slips later probley this weekend. anyways i was running stock axles and let me tell you it could have been real bad. i only made about 15 passes or so and this was the first time to the track with the new motor. Car is really rich but that is ok for the first time out. temps where in the 70's i think but i would have to look at the logs.

Congrats Boost231!!!

Great runs, I knew you would get there. But the way, what speed were you running thru the traps at?

Great runs, I knew you would get there. But the way, what speed were you running thru the traps at?

112 i might have had a 113. the 1/8 mile times where down from sat. i was running 11.60 1/8 mile times saturday. Damn axle runed my night and couldnt make a mid 11 sec pass.

here is the time slip for the 11.87 pass

good job brent. what turbo and intake are you running this time, if you don't mind me asking?

Nice Time slip.

All you need is a ported stocker for the intake from my experience.

i just wish we had more data for these intakes. the real problem is getting the intake charge temp down. im running 208 ish the hole 1/4 mile pass.

Very True and the alcohol doesn't do anything shot into the intake either for cooling, have been told if you can make it a vapor that will have a cooling effect. We relocated the nozzle and nothing, this is one of those things that would make a huge difference in gain to.