Another 11 Sec HOTAIR

Boost231

What's An Intercooler
Staff member
well i got 800 or so miles on my new motor and with no tunning and 19 deg of timing the car went 11.999 then i hot laped it and it went 11.994. Made one more pass after it cooled about 15 min and she went 11.87. Car is running really well for not being tuned and being hot out. Anyways saturday we where only able to run 1/8 mile and the car was running solid 11.60 passes all day. then sat night it cooled way down and they opend the 1/4 mile got to the line lauched and made it half way to the 60 foot and the car droped and the axle and wheel went rolling by me. it snaped the damn axle. anyways i was pissed since i know my car runs a solid .2 faster once its cold out and that would have been some mid 11's for sure sine i was running over 90mph in the 1/8 that day. anyways got the car back into the pits switch the rearend out on the trailer and ran sunday. Car is running good now i just need to tune and get some cold weather. All and all another mid 11 sec HOTAIR :)

congrats ..thats moving right along ... I still hate hot airs though :p :biggrin:

Congrats!
That is amazing and Well deserved!
So, what is the combo and tune (93/pac?, timing, AFR, boost --- You know, the normal stuff) :D

(Yeah, I hate HA's too, but "it is what it is")

Congrats!
That is amazing and Well deserved!
So, what is the combo and tune (93/pac?, timing, AFR, boost --- You know, the normal stuff) :D

(Yeah, I hate HA's too, but "it is what it is")

combo is a few bolt ons :eek: this was on C16 and 22 psi of boost with 19 deg of timing. im still working out a false knock issue in a certin area and im running C16 till i figure it out. i did not tweak the tune at all. A/f was in the 9's :eek: anyways its getting there.car should run bottom 11's once i get the knock issue figured out and get it tuned with more boost and timing.

combo is a few bolt ons :eek: this was on C16 and 22 psi of boost with 19 deg of timing. im still working out a false knock issue in a certin area and im running C16 till i figure it out. i did not tweak the tune at all. A/f was in the 9's :eek: anyways its getting there.car should run bottom 11's once i get the knock issue figured out and get it tuned with more boost and timing.

Rich knock, give it more boost. :D :D

Seriously though, nice runs!

o it will get more boost till i hit a 10.999 :) then it is going back to low boost :) anyways next year we will see what she really does. this year i was on a crunch to get it finished and up to the event. car only have about 800 miles on it so i didnt want to beat on it to much.

wish i could have seen those runs :(.. well next year i better see 10.50's..

LOL ya right i wish. next year i hope to run bottom 11.s and i will run the 11.50 class and see if i can spank some 87's :) since only 2 entered this year for that class.

yes i have this year i should have lots of free time to work on it :). come to think of it i might not make next years event i will be moving to cally around that time :(