Androboost4

androboost4

Douglas M
Is there anyone that knows how to remove a headlight knob from the switch on a 84 HA Riv.
Doug.

grab a small right angle pick and release the clip behind the knob and pull

heres a pic of the pick:biggrin:

Attachments

• right angle pick.jpg
    right angle pick.jpg
    1.7 KB · Views: 97
Haven't had any luck with my 83 doing this but I get frustrated easily. Turbofish told me the exact same thing though.

Haven't had any luck with my 83 doing this but I get frustrated easily. Turbofish told me the exact same thing though.

its hard to explain,but theres a notch in the back of the knob where the tip of the pick goes...hard to explain,but once you successfully do it,its simple...kind of like ford stereo removal keys...or removing/installing the rear seat bottom...its all in the technique

Charlie there is a spring loaded retainer that holds the knob on the triangular shaft. Use a pick or a 90 degree Allen wrench and put the small end into the slit on the knob and pull back towards you. Had the same thing on my 79 century sport coupe.

Jerry jr.

its hard to explain,but theres a notch in the back of the knob where the tip of the pick goes...hard to explain,but once you successfully do it,its simple...kind of like ford stereo removal keys...or removing/installing the rear seat bottom...its all in the technique

Charlie there is a spring loaded retainer that holds the knob on the triangular shaft. Use a pick or a 90 degree Allen wrench and put the small end into the slit on the knob and pull back towards you. Had the same thing on my 79 century sport coupe.

Jerry jr.

Actually talked to Eric and it's and it's still a PITA.:mad: There are still some things that I have issues doing but I still have time since I won't be making it to Noble this year again.:frown: I may get you and Dad to come up and help me some JJ. I got 2 frames I have to pay for but I'll be getting rid of the rust issue soon thank God.:biggrin:

Hey, your fix work Gary, and everyone, Thanks for the tip.Now I can get at my Digital dash and maybe find out why it went out on me ?