And so it begins.... (lsx content)

ok, still can't sleep... so, who out there can fab me up some pipes.???? i'm in pennsylvania. have a 5.3 truck motor and gn just wantin... i did do this to an LT1 about ten years ago... but my limiting factor was tuning. broke the tranny 3 times, so, i quit racing it. even back then i was very impressed. such torque.

Attachments

• z 890.jpg
    z 890.jpg
    243 KB · Views: 173
ok, still can't sleep... so, who out there can fab me up some pipes.???? i'm in pennsylvania. have a 5.3 truck motor and gn just wantin... i did do this to an LT1 about ten years ago... but my limiting factor was tuning. broke the tranny 3 times, so, i quit racing it. even back then i was very impressed. such torque.
If you want to drag that think to SE Indiana I can help you out. I am also helping Kevin with his pipes as well.

If you want to drag that think to SE Indiana I can help you out. I am also helping Kevin with his pipes as well.

yes, we need to talk... no prob towing it out there. just gotta work out the details.. i assume you want the motor in, i can have the walk-off off of it too., oh , boy.............. i gotta finish up an 82 vette transplant too... going LS, i'm half way on that one too...

Thanks KevinB, I'm looking at a TTix twin turbo kit + alkycontrol for my Zo6 now. Already got level V RPM M12 upgraded and monster stg 3 clutch...

yes, we need to talk... no prob towing it out there. just gotta work out the details.. i assume you want the motor in, i can have the walk-off off of it too., oh , boy.............. i gotta finish up an 82 vette transplant too... going LS, i'm half way on that one too...
sent you a pm

In not sure how a turbo mounts to these....are there turbos with v bands...?how does the crossover pipe connect? Does anyone make a paaasenger header with a crossover input and turbo mounting plate?

Turbos mount with t4 or t6 flanges. You would need to run a pipe off the headers then to a vband. Here is the Indiana banana with their new setup with twins. Might help you out.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120518_072433.png
    ForumRunner_20120518_072433.png
    316.9 KB · Views: 255
I'm using those headers from eBay.

Had some professional head work done today by my 9 year old. He wanted to try and wouldn't leave me alone so I put him to work. I had him grind off the meat around the rocker arm bosses in the ports then I went in and smoothed it all up.

Hey, what would he charge to do a set of 317's for me? :D

A couple of updates:
I just got the Holley wiring harness and coils in the mail. Waiting for ecu still.
Bought a new alternator and pulleys and some other not so cool but essential parts lol. Hope to have that all mocked up tonight. Also finally got the home port job on the heads done. Hope to have that long block ready to go tonight. Waiting on a th400 conversion bracket from hr parts to come in so I can make sure my setup is all in the right spot. Then I will pull the mock up stuff out, permanently install motor mounts, and detail the engine bay and put the long block that I plan to use in.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120523_122104.png
    ForumRunner_20120523_122104.png
    347.1 KB · Views: 154
In not sure how a turbo mounts to these....are there turbos with v bands...?how does the crossover pipe connect? Does anyone make a paaasenger header with a crossover input and turbo mounting plate?

I haven't seen anybody mass produce something like that. As far as welding the t4 or t6 flange on, that's a piece of cake. The headers and crossover piping are way more trouble. That's why I'm using manifolds, at least I don't have to deal with making headers.

My helper and myself got the heads on using the ls9 head gaskets.

The truck bracket and those eBay headers work together. I have decided to ditch the power steering, at least for now.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20120523_235843.png
    ForumRunner_20120523_235843.png
    317.6 KB · Views: 162
He's only 9 but eats more than me most times. He will be bigger than me by 16 lol.

Kevin, how much $$ you have into the motor minus the EFI system? Also what kind of power can the stock internals hold in a boosted application?? Also you have a list of part#'s
Thanks, and great job!!

Kevin, how much $$ you have into the motor minus the EFI system? Also what kind of power can the stock internals hold in a boosted application?? Also you have a list of part#'s
Thanks, and great job!!
Why you asking Nick:rolleyes: .you selling all the old school stage stuff....Whats up bud...my turbo LS regal is taking longer that i thought...Dennis

Why you asking Nick:rolleyes: .you selling all the old school stage stuff....Whats up bud...my turbo LS regal is taking longer that i thought...Dennis
Hey Big D.. whats up?? Well got laid off again, thinking of selling my S2 motor.. And start to put one of these things together.. Looks like it can be done for pretty cheap, and hard work......