An open answer to Martin Sheens Puke

gnXfan

GNless but Debtfree too!
An open answer to Martin Sheen's Puke

Aid and Comfort to the Enemy

Asked what he would say to the people of Iraq facing a possible attack, Sheen said,

"Just hang on. You're not alone on this. It's not over yet."

Stars don't speak for the oppressed Iraqi refugees

Martin Sheen and the rest don't speak for Shiite Muslims
By Esra Naama
Special to the Los Angeles Times

I am a refugee from Saddam Hussein's Iraq.

When Martin Sheen, Tim Robbins, Susan Sarandon and Barbra Streisand speak about the Iraqi people, they are not speaking about people like me, who are Shiite Muslims — the largest religious group in Iraq that is nonetheless forced to live as second-class citizens under the Sunni regime of Saddam and his Baath Party.

When I was 10, I fled Iraq with my mother and four siblings after the failure of the 1991 uprising against Saddam. My father, a former Iraqi army colonel, was one of the leaders of the uprising and helped organize the resistance forces that fought against Saddam. As a pharmacist with knowledge of military bases in the southern part of Iraq, he took crates of medicine and supplies from army hospitals to the local civilian hospitals. And he attacked every vestige of Saddam's control in my hometown of Al-Diwaniya; he tore down posters of Saddam and restored the old names on the hospitals and public buildings that had been named for Saddam.

At that time, we believed that the coalition forces would come to our assistance. But within a few short days, Saddam brutally crushed us. In the months that followed, tens of thousands of my fellow Shiite Muslims were executed. Entire families were killed. Bodies were left to hang on trees and men were tortured in public. These are the scenes that I relive in my nightmares.

My father went into hiding to escape execution. My mother had no idea whether he was dead or alive. She knew that if Saddam's security forces could not find him, they would come after her children, and we would be imprisoned and tortured to lure my father out of hiding. When they took away my 18-year-old cousin, my mother decided we had to leave. We set off on a long journey, moving to new safe houses every night, until we finally reached the Rafha refugee camp in Saudi Arabia. The camp embodied all the indifference and cruelty with which Arab dictatorships treat their people. We stayed there for nearly two years. We were lucky.

Eventually, my father found his way to the same camp and we were blessed to receive refugee status in the United States on Sept. 17, 1992. My family celebrates this date as our new birthday, the day that we were able to begin our lives as full human beings, with dignity and hope. Growing up in the United States, I often thought about the people we left behind. We lost three relatives. My best friend's father, an army general, was executed for unknown reasons. I have friends who have lost 50 relatives.

Like many others, I am dedicated to ending the suffering of the Iraqi people. They are prisoners in their own land and they yearn for freedom and the simple things that we take for granted — democracy, freedom of speech, the right to vote. America is their model for the future of Iraq, if only America and the world would help them build it.

I am an American now, and I have been educated to respect the right to free expression by any citizen, a right no member of my family enjoyed when we lived in Iraq. I know from personal experience that the Hollywood actors who decry action against Saddam are really opposing the liberation of the Iraqi people. I wish they would praise the American troops or just stay silent.

There is only one measure of comfort to be found in their statements: When Iraq is finally liberated, these actors will learn that they have never spoken for the people of Iraq.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Naama, of San Diego, is a member of Women for a Free Iraq.

All I have to say is Wow. That moved me and I totally agree, although I could no way imagine what these people have to go through.
It's refreshing to see refugees or immigrants who cherish the United States and what it stands for. Too much ignorance in this World nowadays. This was a breath of fresh air.

Lets see,so far Iraq has claimed we killed 75 civillians. in one city,Yesterday, Iraq gunned down over 1000 of its own civilians trying to flee the city.

Did Martin Sheen actually say that? I am shocked that ANY American would say something so ignorant. Especially one who portrays the President on TV. How far up their azzes do they have their heads. Its appalling that people with so little intelligence and common sense have a public forum that lets them get away with the outlandish ideas and morals that they try to impart on us "common folk".

In the words of Mike Tyson, thats ludicrisp!

Scott

From 3/24 NY POST

VICTORY WILL SHUT UP H'WOOD BLOWHARDS

By STEVE DUNLEAVY
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

MARTIN SHEEN Star of the "Left Wing."

March 24, 2003 -- TODAY, the day after the Academy Awards, is prime time for Hollywood to keep talking.
Now that the bile of Baghdad has boiled over into unthinkable brutality, surely it's time for Sean Penn to give us an update on his thoughts.

Or maybe we should hear George Clooney expand on his: "I believe he [Donald Rumsfeld] thinks he can win this war . . . We can't beat anyone anymore."

Danny Glover: "One of the main purveyors of violence in this world is this country."

I can't wait for Alec Baldwin to give his deep philosophical views on Baghdad's tortures and executions of brave Americans.

Jessica Lange has told the world that war was "wrong, immoral and basically illegal. It makes me feel ashamed."

Perhaps she would like to talk to the parents of GIs who are putting their lives on the line?

Spike Lee: "The German and French governments should be commended."

Frog legs and sauerkraut await Spike for an eternity.

Harry Belafonte: "I have found [Secretary of State] Colin Powell to be a tragic figure."

Larry Hagman: "He [Bush] is leading the country towards fascism." Hold on to your millions, Larry.

Jennifer Aniston: "Bush is a f- - -ing idiot." What a lady.

Martin Sheen's message to Iraq: "Just hang on. You're not alone on this, it's not over yet." Who should know better than the President of the Left Wing.

Of course what would you expect from Gore Vidal: "I don't see us winning the war."

Director Michael Moore: "There is virtually no one in America who is gung ho to go to war. Trust me on this one." I wouldn't trust you as far as I could throw a Bradley armored vehicle by its gun turret.

Singer Chrissie Hynde: "We deserve to get bombed." You haven't been bombed before?

Mike Farrell of "M*A*S*H*" fame: "It is inappropriate for the administration to trump up a case in which we are ballyhooed into war." I think he fell on a scalpel.

Comedian Sandra Bernhard: "The real terrorist threats are George Bush and his brown-shirted thugs."

Part of the above quotes were compiled on the Internet by an outfit appropriately called hollywoodhalfwits.com.

Apart from the outrageous hypocrisy of the above millionaires, it is fair to note that the real Hollywood halfwits have compiled their own tome that in the old days was called giving aid and comfort to the enemy.

And in some cases that was punishable with execution.

Hope springs eternal.

Re: From 3/24 NY POST

Originally posted by gnXfan
VICTORY WILL SHUT UP H'WOOD BLOWHARDS

By STEVE DUNLEAVY

Comedian Sandra Bernhard: "The real terrorist threats are George Bush and his brown-shirted thugs."

And just what the hell has UPS got to do with this????:eek:

I'm going to do my best to present a moderate opinion to pull things together rather than polarize. Nice letter by the girl from her heart. Actually it's so sorrowful I hope it's not true, but quite possibly so. Screw the actors, just a bunch of idiots that can memorize lines..

When this war is over the people are going to need food, water, and transportation. The willing have committed to the first two.

For transportation it's up to us to send Buicks to Baghdad. Convertibles, hardtops, sportswagens. This is our chance to make a difference. Lets put our religious differences aside and drive Buicks together. What stronger bond is there than looking for hard to find parts? Send parts cars, anything you can spare.

Thank you.

I thought Alec Baldwin was going to leave the country if Bush won? Is he still here? So much for these liberal, brainwashed idiots having their money where their mouth is.

"Larry Hagman: "He [Bush] is leading the country towards fascism."

Isn't he a lifelong drunk who is dying of liver disease?

"Jennifer Aniston: "Bush is a f- - -ing idiot."

Here's a gem. If she did'nt look good, what would she be doing?
Looks, yes. Acting talent?:rolleyes:

"Comedian Sandra Bernhard: "The real terrorist threats are George Bush and his brown-shirted thugs."

Are you kidding? An ugly, angry dike. She knows a lot.:rolleyes:

"Director Michael Moore: "There is virtually no one in America who is gung ho to go to war. Trust me on this one."

This gross blob can't even grasp the concept of how the human body uses energy. If you eat 6000+ calories worth of food a day, you will be a fat mess. This ******* must be pushing 350lbs +.
Mike, take some advice. Instead of using all the brain power to make some bucks on a movie about that tragedy that was Columbine, think before you scarf down those next 15 devil dogs.

"?Mike, take some advice. Instead of using all the brain power to make some bucks on a movie about that tragedy that was Columbine, think before you scarf down those next 15 devil dogs.?"

If you're talking to me i don't see the connection. The holywood crowd are just a bunch of good looking memorizers as far as i'm concerned. Without a script they'd be McDonalds managers if they're lucky.

I'm promoting the idea of Buicks to Bagdhad. Send all your cars, parts, and parts cars there to win their hearts and minds. What person wouldn't like to get a 70 Riviera, for example if they live in the worlds #2 oil producing country. Gas should be a bargain.

Originally posted by GNSCOTT
Lets see,so far Iraq has claimed we killed 75 civillians. in one city,Yesterday, Iraq gunned down over 1000 of its own civilians trying to flee the city.
The left wing liberals do not understand that all they see is us killing them. Ours was by accident they killed them on purpose. The celebrities, stars and so forth living in Hollyweird are living in lala land:D

Originally posted by buickgs71
"?Mike, take some advice. Instead of using all the brain power to make some bucks on a movie about that tragedy that was Columbine, think before you scarf down those next 15 devil dogs.?"

If you're talking to me i don't see the connection. The holywood crowd are just a bunch of good looking memorizers as far as i'm concerned. Without a script they'd be McDonalds managers if they're lucky.

I'm promoting the idea of Buicks to Bagdhad. Send all your cars, parts, and parts cars there to win their hearts and minds. What person wouldn't like to get a 70 Riviera, for example if they live in the worlds #2 oil producing country. Gas should be a bargain.
NO he was not refering to you ,,he was refering to Mike Mooore,the big dufuss